Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rainy days

Lately we've had beautiful, dry Fall weather and finally the rain showed up. Last night was rainy. Today is rainy. This was a special rainy weekend, though. Yesterday, Matt & Julie stopped by to say hello! They are not a couple, but bro and sis. Dear friends we've had for years. Anyway, they were on their way down to Portland and took time to say "hi" to little ol' us :) They stayed overnight and just left this morning. Perfect timing for my birthday! What a treat to talk with dear friends and catch up on their lives. We headed to Costco for dinner. Pizza's always fun on October 31st! Then we left to make it for the last part of our church's Harvest Hoe Down. Brilla was a ladybug and looked so cute as a roly-poly insect! Mike and I dressed as Seahawk fans ;P We hung out, got lots of candy, Brilla played games, and Matt and Jules talked with people they remembered from church. Then we got home and talked and laughed ourselves late into the night (or is it morning?). Seems like whenever we get together, it's just like old times. This morning we had a small breakfast, then took a walk along Redondo Beach despite the morning's slight dreariness. It truly was amazing. The view is gorgeous no matter the weather. We chatted up and down the pier, which was hard to do sometimes with little Brilla breaking our thoughts now and then. She always spices things up. Afterward, we treated ourselves to a little espresso. Seattle's Best! I got a decaf mocha and sprinkled nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. It was delish. Next, we got home and we once again conversed to our hearts' content. Doesn't take much for close friends to have a good time. Just a cup of coffee and news.

For a birthday treat to myself ;P, I went to watch Fireproof...with Brilla. Yes, I am a brave woman to bring my toddler to a looong matinee right through her nap. But she did great! I think all the popcorn and soda helped. The movie was so challenging and well done. I even cried a few times. Fireproof is highly recommended! Especially if you are married.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss Amelia today. I cried tears when reminded of her absence. I just miss my baby so much. Sometimes I still wonder why she had to go and leave us. Earthy life has not been the same without her.

No comments: