Friday, November 14, 2008

At Home With Him

I wrote this for another family who experienced a loss about six years ago. It's from the perspective of the loved one gone Home.

At Home With Him

My Father called my name one day
To dwell at home with Him.
It seemed that life upon this earth
Grew strangely, quickly dim.

And on my journey homeward,
He led me all the way;
He never ceased to hold my hand
Nor ceased to hear me pray.

I thought it would be sad to leave
My loved ones all behind,
But Jesus whispered in my ear,
"Dear child, they too are mine."

There were times doubt gripped my heart;
I longed to wipe your tears,
To soothe the aching pain of loss
And calm your endless fears.

It seemed the sand of numbered days
Was slipping from my grasp,
And those I loved so preciously
Were no longer in my clasp.

Dear Love, and friends so dear to me,
I hope you understand
That death as well as joyous life
Comes from the Father's hand.

No comments: