Monday, November 17, 2008

Books and more

I have some recent good reads that I must pass on...

Last year, I discovered Karen Kingsbury. She writes Christian fiction, but not your $1 romance type. She is captivating and inspiring at the same time. I just finished Even Now. It is a deep story about love, mistakes and forgiveness. You should definitely check it out.

Safe in the Arms of God by John MacArthur (don't know if I spelled that right) is a comforting and encouraging book about where the unborn, babies and small children go after they die. It makes you cry, but gives hope at the same time.

I am currently delving into My Grandfather's Son by Supreme Ct Justice Clarence Thomas, Between Sundays by Kingsbury, and Jesus: The One and Only by Beth Moore. I know, I have high ambitions for myself to get through three books so close to the holidays. We'll see what I finish!

Brilla and I have really enjoyed browsing our local library. It has recently been completely remodelled/rebuilt, so it's pretty cool. It's also a fun, free thing we can do when it's rainy outside. In the mornings, it is not crowded and there's a better selection. Brilla loves to get some board books and snuggle with stuffed animals in the one of the window seats. I, on the other hand, glean my way through the dvds and vhs' searching for a movie we haven't seen yet. Yes, I eventually get to the books...I would take them all home with me if I could. Whoever invented libraries was a genius. I don't know what I'd do without them. Did you know you can even check out cookbooks? Even the large edition of Better Homes and Gardens one? Ahh, I'm in heaven.

No comments: