Monday, November 10, 2008

day's happenings

Spaghetti. The ultimate easy dinner for your busy evening.

That is what we had tonight, because as always, my Monday nights are busy. I have a students in the afternoon, then Bible club from 5-6pm.

We had one lone soul come to Bible Study tonight. Her name is Patience. But she loves Bible club, even if she has to come by herself! We like having her, too. We simply shortened up the time because it doesn't take an hour to teach a lesson for one person. She is the baby in her family at 6 years, and because of this, she gets away with a lot, doesn't know how/want to sit still, and thinks that my daughter, age 2, is her contemporary. Quite hilarious at times, but not so much when you're trying to teach a Bible lesson. I think I learned a lot more than she did, as she was busy asking continually throughout the story if she could please draw on the easel, play the piano, even complained that B wasn't sharing her stuffed kitty! So we did it, we actually learned a new song (I Have Decided), read about Jonah, and memorized a Bible verse, all finalized with a snack and prize.

Earlier today, B and I headed to the gym for the first time in just over 6 weeks. Whew. This is going to be a long road getting back to where I was before pregnancy. I was sweaty just "speed-walking" at 3.8. Meanwhile, B was back visiting with her buddies in Kids Klub. She loves that place. She asked me several times during the last month and a half if she could go to "LA Fee-tus" (LA Fitness). Today she didn't want to leave, so I had to help her off the play set.

Back at home, it was a day of paying bills and getting the house clean. I finally tracked and organized the receipts for this month and last, as well as gently put away all the cards from family and friends after losing Amelia. It felt good to get done a few projects I had set aside for a rainy day. I have so much yet to organize in B's room/the office, it's not even funny. We are in the process of moving B to her new room. So far it is painted and vacuumed. Now we just need to set up her bed, nail the chair railing, place furniture and decorate. That's all :) It will be daunting, yet fun at the same time. Interior decorating is one of my loves.

While we ate spaghetti tonight, we watched Meet the Robinsons. I can't believe we haven't seen it yet. I ended up really enjoying it, despite all the twists and turns. Mike and I have been no fun for B tonight; I have a stiff neck and M is very tired. So looks like we are all turning in early!

No comments: