Monday, November 3, 2008

Birthday party

I forgot to talk about my 27th birthday party! How could I forget about that? We went to Olive Garden for dinner. My brother and I used to go there every year for our birthdays. We share one, though we're 6 years apart. But now he's at college so we've had to celebrate separately these past 4 years. Anyhoo...it was great, we even got our own "room". My parents, Mike's parents, Michelle, Tim and Grandma Mabel were all there. Yep, just the fam. It was cozy and we talked and laughed...heard all about Michelle and Steve's 10th anniversary cruise to the Bahamas. I ordered the Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo, which was delicous, delicious, delicious! I could've eaten the whole thing were it not for the hope of sweets later. Afterward we went to my parents' home for dessert and gifts. It was nice to have that time at my "old home". One thing better would have been to scope out my old room, but it is now taken over by boxes and storage :( We were all stuffed, but managed to shove some pieces of delectable oatmeal cake, rhubarb cake and pumpkin pie into our tummies. Everyone's cards and gifts were incredibly kind and it was fun to just relax and chat.

Btw, did I mention my hubby gave me not only roses, but also a seafood cookbook and McCormick and Schmick's gift card? He was too sweet. But I look forward to a hot date at M & S with him!

No comments: