Monday, November 24, 2008

My Day

Busy, busy, busy! That describes my day.

I woke up with an awful stuffy nose because I kept groping for my thick blanket that kept inching away from me all night. And as irritating as my nose was, my dear toddler was extra curious today, getting into all kinds of things. It was just one of those mornings where I wish parenting was on cruise control. Welcome to reality - guess who is the only one available to train? As luck would have it, I had to change some pee-pee soaked sheets, too. Then as I checked my drawers, I realized I need to wash some clothes to work out in!

As my laundry washed and dried, I tried to get the bills paid. My daughter was hungry for "beckfast" so I got some hot cereal whipped up. It was nice to sip hot tea and eat spoonfuls of wondrous hot cereal...for about 5 minutes. I soon got a call from hubby saying I had a phone appt at 11 regarding business. So I head over to the gym where I have a blissful hour of working up a sweat, while B is in the kids area. Then I drive home for the phone appt.

After trying to feed my daughter, hubby and me a healthy, yummy lunch (thank the Lord for leftovers!), I sit down and check my email. Then it's time to put the kiddo down for naptime. I love nap time! I immediately pounce on all the paperwork I have to get done and bills to pay. After that is finished, I scurry around and clean my home just in time for my dear students to arrive.

Lesson time was wonderful today. I enjoy teaching and learn so much from it myself. All students have different learning languages and speeds. After the last student, I try to prep dinner so it doesn't take as long later in the evening. Meanwhile, my husband is prepping for Bible club. I end up missing story and craft time because my "easy snack" took so long! Then dinner came late, but it was good. For dessert we had the leftovers from the kids' snack...yellow cake cupcakes with delicious chocolate frosting.

Now I sit here with a sigh of relief that the day is at its end. Most of all, I'm thankful that before I faced my crazy day, I gave it to the Lord and spent time with Him. Even though my list of things to do haunted me, I'm glad I put God first. It's always worth it. I always remind myself that it's like going without a meal when I starve myself spiritually. Which reminds me...I need to thank Him for another beautiful, busy day before I go to bed.

No comments: