Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hungry?

It's easy to set down God's Word and not read it as much when the times are going good. But I am continually reminded of the comparison of reading Scripture to eating meals. Would I just eat one big feast on Wednesday, then say," Okay, that was delicious, I'll have to do that again next week!"? Of course not, seeing that I am one who loves food :) Seriously, though, God's Word is food for my soul. And it will continue on even when my body dies. I am starving myself spiritually when I don't eat of the Bread of Life daily. I only have one toddler nowadays, so I haven't had to go "fast food"style on a regular basis...catching tidbits of His Word here and there due to a hectic schedule. But sometimes those days come anyway and a little is better than nothing.

Today was an average day. I had a wonderful time at Bible study, as usual. Brilla and I went straight home afterward. We split a ham sandwich and finished Cheaper by the Dozen 2. It takes us like 3 days to finish one movie! But it's probably a good thing that tv isn't top priority in this family because we love movies. "Michael Daddy" (as B calls him) came home early from work due to sickness. We were happy he was home, but sad that he's feeling under the weather. After both Daddy and B laid down for their naps, I went out and got some necessities and not-so-necessities at Target, my second home. I got some shampoo, conditioner, tp, paper towels, cereal and some clothing for myself. I got a cute jean skirt to go with chunky tights as well as a black dress that can be coordinated with different sweaters to make more than just one outfit. Also, 4 long sleeve shirts in light brown, grey, black and white to go underneath sweaters and things to stretch out my wardrobe. So, nothing super exciting, but at least I won't look blah now. It was nice to get out by myself without the kiddo. Aren't you proud I didn't buy a mocha while I was out? Instead, I ate a few cookies tonight after dinner ;P Oatmeal chocolate chip are hard to pass up. Especially homemade.

Later we watched an episode of All Creatures, one of our most absolute favorite shows. We've watched the espisode before, but it's always fun just the same. Then I rubbed my hubby's feet because it always helps when one is sick.

Now I must go to bed. I was so disappointed about yesterday's election, but I know that God is the one who appoints kings and brings them down. He is in control. I said to myself, "Well, we survived President Clinton." But as my husband aptly put it, "Only thousands of unborn children did not." That is what concerns me most about this current president-elect, especially since the issue of unborn children is so dear to my heart.

No comments: