Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday

Mondays are often letdowns. Mike goes back to work, the house is messy from the weekend, and there are bills to pay. However, it's also nice to be back into the routine...regular naptime, mealtimes, teaching piano and kids Bible club.

Today was my 6 week post-partum checkup with Nancy, my midwife. I had brought her a couple of stargazer lilies as a thank you for everything she did for us during Amelia's stillbirth. Nancy is an amazing woman, what she does is truly life-giving. We don't know what we'd do without her. God has gifted her, not every woman can sacrifice as she does. Back to my appointment. After giving her the lilies, I was overwhelmed with the memories of that place, and the tears unexpectedly surfaced. I apologized. I hadn't meant to cry and was slightly embarassed. Nancy said,"It's always just behind your heart, isn't it?" and handed me some tissue. Thankfully I didn't start sobbing, but regained composure and the rest of the appointment went smoothly. (As smooth as a pap smear can go, that is ;)) I've healed well, so that is good news. Afterward, I picked up Brilla from my sister-in-law's and we chatted for a while. Then we headed home for lunch and naptime...and cleaning up my house. But on the way, I stopped by the cemetary and prayed at Amelia's spot. Yes, I cried, but I was also happy to see the mini-roses still blooming. I'm glad she is buried close to home.

After watching a little of Cheaper By the Dozen 2 and eating leftover Italian food, I put Bri down for her nap. Then tidied up my home. Then I taught piano. Later this evening we had Bible club. The kids showed! We talked about the tongue. Very powerful lesson. Then we did a puppet craft, which they loved and actually finished by the end. We sang a new song and reviewed a few older ones. Their favorite part is singing. Out of the mouths of babes! Finally they had oatmeal cake for snack and we sent them on home. Yet another wonderful night of learning about Jesus. Mike and I learn right along with them. Finally we sat down for dinner. Gotta love leftovers! We had homemade chicken tacos. Then we talked election, watched a few more annoying political commericals and heard some history of the candidates. Part of me is anxious to be done with the election due to all the ads, but then part of me is nervous at the outcome, then still the other part of me is praying that God will have mercy on our nation. His will be done.

Good night and remember to vote tomorrow!

No comments: