Wednesday, January 21, 2009

While the Cat's Away...

This is what I get for buying expensive hand cream from Papyrus! I thought B had been in the bathroom a little too long...


Thankfully, this brand of stuff cleans/wipes/smears off easily, so it wasn't terrible to clean up. But still, all that beautiful hand cream! I would have cried if it hadn't been so stinkin' funny. As you can see, mama didn't give out punishment, she got out the camera! Thus, the confused look on my daughter's face. Her ultimate punishment was wearing clean but wet sleeves for a while!

I was just thinking to myself of how good I'm sure it felt to reach her little hand in there and smother the yummy lotion all over. I feel the exact same way when I reach my hand in there. Only difference, this girl seemed unable to control her indulgence!

But isn't that how sin is? It feels so good, a little thrilling, a little dangerous at first...but then before we know it, we're up to our necks and we can't get out of it. It's become apart of us, a cage not to be rid of easily. Thank Jesus Christ for His blood that cleanses are sin-stained lives! Better than bleach, the blood of Jesus paid for our sin in full so we can stand redeemed before God! Thank you, Lord, for your sacrifice. Please daily cleanse our hearts and minds from the grip of temptation; and we give you our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable.

I also wanted to ask your prayers for little Harper. I have been praying God's healing, miracle-working power on her behalf. Lift her up before the Throne of Grace! I'm sure her parents would appreciate it. He has already sustained one precious baby, Stellan!

No comments: