Friday, January 16, 2009

I realize my last post sounded a little unfeeling. Like complete grief, questions, and tears are not okay, even after "the time of grieving" (and who knows how long that is? who wants to even attempt to determine it?) ends. My mind doesn't quite grasp where the line between God's will and the sour lemons this icky world deals out ends. Iow, I think death occurs, not always because God intended it to happen, but because we live in a sinful world where things will never be perfect until Jesus comes again and we are in His heaven. Things were not supposed to be this way, but because of sin, there will be constant death and evil.

But at the same time, I have to admit that God is not surprised by what happens to us. Death, sickness, heartache do not thwart His plans and His purposes. In fact, "All things work together for good for those who love God, and are called according to His purpose." So even though this world deals out a rotten hand to me and you, God never changes.

And that's what I wanted to communicate in my last post.

I trust that God knows what he's doing despite Amelia's death. I still have questions, and I'm still sad, but all is well with my soul. I'm at peace with God and that's what matters.

No comments: