Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This is a boring post...

...so you can stop reading whenever you want. There's nothing special to write about, but I feel like blogging anyway :D

I haven't had to change a diaper in 2 days! Talk about weird. Really, I keep thinking we're going to go back to diapers any day now and she's proven me wrong several times. She hasn't wet during nap time and last night was her first night staying dry. I'm sure they'll be uh-ohs in the future, but for now, I truly am enjoying not cleaning up my daughter's waste. Whew.

I have started organizing other parts of home. Just finished the living room closet. Anybody want a REALLY lacy dress (worn for graduation)? Or a size medium men's leather coat with the zipper missing? How 'bout a curtain rod that doesn't even have the thingys that connect it to the wall? Or better yet, you may be interested in a beautifully decorated porcelain doll box - with no doll inside!

My next project is all our cds, dvds, and vhs'. I'm just not looking forward to matching covers with items. I hate it when I can't find their match! Urgh. I'm already getting tense thinking about it.

An update on weight loss/exercise...I have lost 4 lbs! I have been trying to exercise every day for at least 30 min, whether it's on my nifty little trampoline, steps, gym, or racquetball with hubby. The eating has been key, though. I have to admit, I've been addicted to sweets. So I've been laying off of those. I've also been watching my portions. When I'm not paying attention and simply stuffing, I will ate way more than when I slow down and concentrate on meal time. I haven't been tracking calories (like I said I was going to), but I've done this so many times that I pretty much know how many calories are this and that. I've also just been drinking water. No juice or pop. If I do have a sweet drink, it's usually a short latte or chai. Oh, and I've been avoiding white breads/pasta/rice. Mostly whole wheat or whole grain pasta, brown rice and whole wheat bread and tortillas. Even our pizza dough has been whole wheat!

And along the lines of pizza...here is the recipe for a DELICIOUS one. Use whatever dough you like, but we like a home made whole wheat thin crust:

Barbecue Chicken and Onion Pizza

Ingredients:
1 large onion, sliced
2 plum tomatoes, sliced (or even drained stewed tomatoes work!)
4 slices turkey bacon (or reg bacon), diced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup smoky bbq sauce
2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 packages (10 oz each) refrigerated pizza crust (or homemade crust)
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheese
1 Tbsp fresh parsely

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Slice onion and tomatoes. Dice bacon.
2. Heat 12-in skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray or add a bit of oil.
Add onion, bacon and pressed garlic. Cook and stir for 10-12 min until onion is tender and
lightly browned. Stir in bbq sauce; remove from heat. Stir in chicken; set aside.
3. Lightly sprinkle pizza pan, stone or large cookie sheet with flour. Unroll pizza dough, shaping
into a circle. Roll dough out as big as you want it.
(Note: this is if you're using the refrigerated pizza crust. I simply take my already pre-baked
home made dough out, add the below toppings, and cook in oven for at least 8 min.)
4. Spread chicken mixture over dough to within 1/2 in of edge. Arrange tomatoes evenly over
top of pizza; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 18-22 min (w/ refrigerated crust) or until crust is
golden brown. Remove from oven; let stand 10 min. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut and serve!

As a disclaimer, this is taken from Pampered Chef's It's Good For You cook book. I didn't come up with it! I've subtracted all the PC terms.

No comments: