Saturday, January 10, 2009

Date night and Getting Organized

Last night was wonderful. It was date night with my man! Marjean, aka Grammy, was generous in taking Brilla for the night. And, of course, Brilla didn't have an ounce of resistance getting Grammy all to herself :) She was so excited, she was bouncing up and down. For 2 minutes straight. I kid you not.


So us two starving lovebirds headed out for something to eat. We feel slightly attached to Kent Station because it reminds us of the outdoor mall area we discovered on our honeymoon down in Valencia, CA. We stood in line at Chipotle forever! Then finally decided to head over to Johnny Rockets since the wait was quite a bit less. Either we were ravenous or the burgers were really good (though way overpriced) - either way, dinner tasted quite good. Then we played racquetball! I think my arm will be sore for a few days, but all in all, it was a blast!! I made some of the craziest swings ever; it's a good thing I'm playing with Mike. In the end, he beat me. I mean to change that next time with a little practice in the coming weeks ;) It was such a great workout; I was totally sweating. That's actually two workouts for me today. I also did my trampoline workout (talking min-trampoline here) in the early morning. If visions of me jumping on a trampoline for exercise evokes a chuckle from you, you may want to know that it's actually very effective. For the first few times, though, your calves and every lower muscle are making their sad existence known. Thankfully, I'm past that stage. Means I'm taking baby steps to getting in shape.


Then we rented The Office and laughed late into the night. I think we also ate the whole bag of Peanut M&Ms, thus negating our racquetball calories lost.


Did I mention that I have completed organizing our home office?! Well, not totally, but all the sorting and purging is done. So yesterday I did step 8 - SHOP! Now we're talkin'. You may ask, "Step 8?" Yes. In Eliminate Chaos, my guide book to organizing my house, that is how it goes. It makes sense to wait until after you're done sorting out stuff to then buy your storage items. At that point, you know what size and shape needed. But you'd be surprised at how many people (including me) have shopped first, only to find out after they actually organize, that the item doesn't fit their need. Problem avoided by saving this 'til step 8.


Anyhoo, I headed over to TJ Maxx and purchased some beauteous photo boxes and other boxes to store crafts, tracts and other goodies. They were in the price range of 5.50-9.99. Pretty nice, huh? (Little note, TJ is having amazing clearances right now...it's the time to go!) I also gave into temptation and bought Bri a few shirts and cutest Kenneth Cole polka-dot dress! I also zoomed, and I mean zoomed, into Target for a few transparent storage bins. Only 7.99 for big ones. Yay.

Now my task is to place the items into their proper storage space. That will be fun and it also means I will be finished.


One room down, 7 more areas to go!

2 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

Yay for you! I've bought a bunch of clear storage boxes, too...and promptly filled them. I find I can be organized without too much trouble.......I just can't fulfill the first steps including throwing out things I don't use. I triumphed yesterday by giving away pre-pregnancy clothing from 5 years ago that I know I'll just never get back into. *sniff* That was hard. :( I do love my clothes.

Joy said...

Yeah, my problem is the same. I have so much stuff because I'm sentimental - I know we've talked about that before. But good for you! It takes guts to get rid of clothing. Missed you guys at church! We had so much fun at Grassis the other day :)