Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Big Chubby News



She is here! Reese Emily has arrived. She was born 8lbs 2oz, 21 1/2 inches long. What a big girl, what an intense but quick labor! We are blessed!

Soon I will give the birth story because I want to record details before I forget them. I do this mostly for myself since this blog is like my journal.

Meanwhile, family has the girls while I am caring for Reese and catching a few winks. Oh, and also straightening up this house...something I won't be able to stay on top of once the girls come back.

Meanwhile, my heart is bursting with happiness and thanks at our third-born daughter. Her cheeks are chubby; she even has a double chin! But the rest of her body is skinny, just like a newborn. Her hair is dark brown and her eyes are dark blue. Right now she is wearing one of the many crocheted hats I have made for her, swaddled in a blanket and lying on the couch - sleeping.

Ah. This newborn stage is delightful.

Did I mention how much I love baby Reese Emily? I just do!!


2 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

Congratulations, Joy! Beautiful Reese, welcome to the world! You are a lucky little girl to have such loving parents. :)

Carrie said...

:D CONGRATULATIONS! She is really quite the beautiful little girl! I LOVE her cheeks! So squeezable and kissable.

Enjoy your wee one! What a tremendous blessing!