Friday, January 20, 2012

Can't Believe I Actually Want Rain

It is STILL snowy and icy out there!

I thought all this white stuff would be gone by Wednesday evening, but here we are, Friday morning. It has not snowed more, but it hasn't rained, either. I am wondering if I have the gumption to shovel out snow from our car, driveway, and cul-de-sac just to get to my chiropractic appointment. Those appointment are pretty important to me in the late stages of pregnancy. In fact, I don't remember a more back pain-free pregnancy than this one. It works!

As I sit here typing, I hear trees and branches crackling all around me. I take a quick peek out the window and realize two trees have already come down. We live in a heavily wooded area. All that heavy ice is bringing down those weak giants. Our front yard is also a menagerie of fallen limbs. I'm just hoping nothing falls on my car; what terrible timing that would be :(

Thankfully, I don't need to be anywhere, except at my midwife's if Baby comes. But my body tells me that is not happening soon.

Yesterday, my girls and Daddy got more snow time in. That Katie loves sledding. I still am amazed at hearty my 21-month old. She's the one who will fling herself at Daddy's lap for a "tackle". He taught her that, of course. A good 'ol football move. Lovely. She'll also run down the hallway and hurl herself into a pile of pillows. But even when she misses the pillows, she shakes it off and says "Owa?" for a small kiss, going right back to her attempts at crashing the cushions.

I got out for a good walk, too. It felt good to get fresh air, to get my muscles working together, even if it was to produce an unlovely waddle up the road and back. I then was content to get home, heat up some chai, read and get dinner started.

This morning, I awoke at 5:45 and could not fall back asleep. My nap earlier in the day probably caught up with me. Here it is, nearly 8:30 and I can hear the girls rising like little chipmunks.

Good morning!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'll swap you! Snow for rain! How's that?!

Joy said...

Sounds good, Carrie. Really, I didn't mind the snow. What I minded was the mixture of ice and snow. I love the powder stuff, so easy to drive on!