Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This week is meandering by, taking it's time. It may have to do with the rain, I don't know. Perhaps since Mike has gone back to work, being with both girls all day makes everything go in slow motion. Nap times I relish. Bedtime I relish. Yes, I love my children...and I also love my breaks from them so I can love them more :)

Today we started up Bible study again after a nice vacation. It was a deep and convicting study on faith. Hebrews 11-13. Hebrews is the book that often leaves my mind boggled. But the Holy Spirit is opening my understanding and I've found many gems. Never can read God's Word too many times and get something new or realize I still know too little!

On Monday night, my husband played ultimate Frisbee in the muddy sludge. He paid for it alright. Came home with a pulled muscle and torn skin off the back of his heel. I was glad he got out to get exercise since basketball is on hold and I say it is great any time he can get out to be healthy and hang with the guys (he doesn't get to very often with work). But, I wasn't coveting being out there in the rain!

I have no exercise regimen right now. Being 36 weeks along really leaves any kind of house work and childcare as my workout. I used to have a membership at the local gym, but it got to be a hassle because I like to workout early, which meant bringing the kids, which meant they always got sick from the play area. Then we spent a couple weeks recuperating since they can't attend BSF or church with colds. Not worth it. So...I take every chance I get these days: If M needs to run an errand, I'll run it for him. When I grocery shop, I go alone and step up my pace. When shopping at the mall, I do a couple laps first before browsing. Even filling/emptying the dishwasher, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom has me heating up these days! Ha.

When our gorgeous weather comes back, then I can take walks again! The girls and I love those walks outdoors. B is old enough to tramp alongside and K is content in the stroller. I'm considering buying a double stroller to run a little after Babe comes.

I finally gave my students notice that I will no longer be teaching piano after our third arrives. It was a tough decision, since I have been teaching for 13 years. Part of me was saying, "Ohhh, you can do it." And the other part of me (common sense) was saying,"You need to devote time to the business and homeschooling your daughter. A little less money won't do you any harm." Well, maybe it wasn't just the voice of common sense, but also of the Lord, because I've been praying about this decision for some time. If any of you know me, you know I'm a go-getter. I like to be busy and I like a challenge. The Lord showed me there was nothing wrong with prioritizing and taking a break (which is not really taking a break, seeing we are adding another kid to the mix) to focus on the things He's called me to. And family is an investment.

Another big reason was - our home is small. I think I've shared that it's 980 sq ft. That means our entire living space is just that, our living space. There is no private area, no separate studio. No place to have the kiddos run around/play while I teach. I can't expect the kids to be quiet, locked away in tiny room for 3 hrs AND be quiet for teaching AND be quiet while an infant sleeps.

The encouraging word is, I may teach again some day! Especially if and when we build a bigger home, which is what my husband does for a living. Just not right now.

It's refreshing to walk where the Holy Spirit leads you. What He asks may not look like what every other believer is doing. I think we (I) get discouraged when I look around and what God is doing in another's life seems more exciting, visible, or noble. We forget though that each of us has to fully surrender to His plans, His ways, His will for His Spirit to work effectively through us! It's often a hard road, lots of sacrifice of what we want, but He promises blessing and God always keeps His promises. Amen!

On another note...

My eldest and her daddy are at church for AWANA, while the youngest and I hang out. I am enjoying watching her be totally thrilled with a kitchen drawer I pulled out, full of gadgets. She is utterly content. She doesn't get alone time with Mama very often, and this is one of those rare evenings. It will probably get even less after her little sis comes on the scene. Oh, what she has in store! *chuckle*

Still haven't taken down that Christmas decor! Hm, perhaps that's my next workout. Have a great rest of your Wednesday!


No comments: