Monday, February 6, 2012

Tired is a small word for how drained I feel tonight. Part of it is due to having given birth but a week ago, part of it is the zero sleep I got last night, part of it is the walk we took down the block and all of it is living life with now three.

My oldest is no trouble at all. But caring for tiny Reese and rambunctious Katie? If you have a nearly 2 yo, you know what I mean. They are extremely needy, busy, and loud. The reason why they are kept around is because they are so golly darned cute!

Reese is doing well. She is running me for a loop though. I struggle keeping her awake to eat a good feeding at night. Then she wakes me up about a half-hour to an hour later with crying to get more! Some nights she has eaten well and gone the average two and a half hrs sleeping.

I should be napping instead of posting. Why do you want to hear that I'm exhausted?

I was blessed today...

A dear friend brought me a delicious (and can you believe healthy?) dinner and we chatted during Reese's nap. She also gave a couple sweet gifts. There is nothing like a friend to talk with when your brain is on hold. It's very therapeutic.

Then, we took a family walk around our neighborhood on this sunny day. I love days like that. Crisp and sunny, not a cloud in sight.

Lastly, our Slavic neighbors (whom I've never met) came over bearing gifts. European chocolates, gorgeous flowers and a bag full of candy for Brilla. They are Christians, too and are friendly as can be. They had their married daughter with them to interpret since they don't speak English fluently. How brave and generous is that?

Off I go to nap before the wee one wakes up for a snack. Good night and if you think of it, say a prayer for strength on my end, please? Also that Reese would eat well and sleep more at night.

Thank you!

No comments: