Monday, January 2, 2012

Back To It

Hi there.

Did you get enough Winter Break? I did! And didn't. See, Christmas goes by like a flash, and leaves me wanting a break from all the holiday busyness. But I tell you what, we enjoyed our family days to the hilt.

We started school today. Everyone else around here has the day off...schools, work, etc. But I say Monday is a great day to get started again! Besides, today was the end of our piano break, so we might as well go full throttle and do school too.

Tomorrow I'll take down the Christmas decor. I really don't want to. It's so cheery and bright with the lights and garlands up. Oh well. Just means I'll have to leave up some winter decor. Hmmm, probably should take a look at those after-Christmas sales, at all the white stuff they have. I love white. If there's any left; I'm a bit behind.

There is major nesting going on at my end. Baby Girl's room is still unfinished. I need to paint a plaque with her name on it (yes we have a name! But, it's a surprise!) and hang up the cute little plaques I made with old bookmarks. Can't wait to finish and post pics. I'd also like to add a few other finishing touches, not sure what those are yet. I'm kind of a whimsical person and don't know what I like until it's up. I like to use what I already have or create it myself. However, I may also take a trip to the local antique and thrift shops. They have great stuff for cheap.

It is official. The two older girls are in the same room. Not only sharing bunk beds, but also sharing closet and dresser space. I want to line the top shelf in their closet with fabric storage bins, and purchase a bookshelf for all their books, including school work. I'm very excited about the end result!

Our master bedroom (which is the same size as the other two rooms) is almost complete! We recently purchased a new bed frame that's super cute, sturdy (finally!, no squeaking every time we move!). Found it on craigslist. Looks Pottery Barn style. It is rustic black, with a bead board-looking design on both headboard and footboard. And with our underbed storage and new baskets on our dresser, we have no need for extra nightstands. I'd like to finish the room with a painted verse or letters along the wall. Also, painted vintage shutters hanging up with pictures attached with ribbon.

Our house is small, so creative storage is key. I don't mind the challenge. In fact, I like it. Bring it on!

I had a strange allergy 2 days in a row. Out of the blue. I'm still trying to figure out what it was. All I can guess is a lack of sleep. Believe it or not, my allergies flare up when I don't get enough shut-eye. I think being pregnant, staying up past midnight (on NYE) then waking up at 7:30 a.m. to teach Children's Church is not a good plan!

So, that's what's going on around here. Hopefully I'll finish everything before Girly gets here. Only 4 weeks to go, more or less!

Hope you had an amazing holiday! Catching up with all your blogs to see what it was like :)

No comments: