Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Her Name

It is important for Michael and I to pick just the right name for each of our children. I'm sure you feel the same way. It takes us about 8 months to come up with "the one". They'll carry it for the rest of their lives. (Unless, in this day and age, they want to change it!)

We've finally decided on Reese Emily. Reese means "Radiant" and Emily after Mike's grandmother, who passed away several years ago.

And to commence the choice of her beautiful name, the wall letters I created for her room are finally done!



They match perfectly with her bedding. As you can see, we have a black/red/white theme going on. I'm a red-lover. Really could just do her whole room in that shade, but alas, our other two's room has red, and our bathroom is black/white/red. All in moderation, right?

I must tell you, I had a blast creating these letters from stuff around the house (as stated in my earlier post). The chalkboards were done with a little white acrylic satin paint (Martha Stewart), the chalkboards obviously were painted on, the letters were done with *surprise* chalk, the ribbon was on clearance at Michael's, and the rings are old shower curtain rings. Too cheap to hang a curtain on, but perfect for holding wall letters :)

Finishing this project was hugely important to me. Felt like the room wasn't complete without them! Now I'm just adding final touches on the walls, creating storage, and waiting for Reese to make her appearance.

Today, along with playing in the snow, I packed all our bags. Mine was the last to get done. Lavender lotion and neck pillow, check. Nursing tank, check. Warm and fuzzy socks, check. Baby can officially come now.

I am nesting like a crazy woman. Washed the windows, mopped the floor, dusted, re-decorated after putting away Christmas stuff, and re-organized the girls' room, trying to be creative with storage, grocery shopped and meal-planned. Crochet has also been calling my name. Have about 3 cute new hats done and 3 diaper covers. This poor girl's is gonna be smothered.

I've also been reading the Word so much lately. Digging deep, more than normal; just can't get enough. I'm also still finishing the audio book, Forgotten God by Francis Chan. I am seeing so many areas I fall short in, so much I need to work on, of course through the Spirit's power. But I also look back and see how far I've come. By God's grace. Jesus is incredibly patient and faithful to complete His work in me.




1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love it! What a beautiful name!