Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Yesterday's Post

Right now, Baby is moving up and down and all around. In my ribs, then squishing my bladder, then doing some kind of repetitive kicking motion, which doesn't she realize is very uncomfortable when I'm trying to sit at the computer?

Ho, hum.

Did you know right now is a GREAT time to buy organization containers/baskets? I went to Michael's today; lo and behold, they have a much better selection than Target. Most were 50% off. I got three for the kids' closet. Very cute! And looks so much better than things just stacked on the shelves. Remember how I mentioned I wanted to buy a bookcase for the girls' reads? Well, I was able to clear out items from the nursery closet and place then in a fabric storage container. There is room in the closet for each and every book! Glad we don't have to install another piece of furniture on the walls.

I am still unsure of how I want to finish decorating the nursery. More on that when I'm finally done.

I'm currently reading The Rose Trilogy, by Beverly Lewis. I'm on Book 2 in the series. Mrs. Lewis is an amazing author. I can hardly put her stories down. Mike and I are also watching the John Adams movie that was featured on HBO, based on the David McCullough novel. It is beyond excellent. It's not for entertainment; in fact, it's the opposite. It's tense, at times depressing, deeply intriguing, but at the same time, inspirational. It conjures up a sense of patriotism, again making me realize how much sacrifice was put into our country's freedom. Oh, that we wouldn't take it for granted! God was gracious to equip our founding fathers and early leaders of our country with wisdom, strength and resolve.

And I'm working on a crocheted hat for my niece's birthday. It's using Loops & Threads (Michael's brand) Cozy Wool yarn. It's a chunky hat, with a flowers on the side. The hat is a purplish blue and with a tannish brown flower:) This morning, I finished a hat I thought would only take a couple hours. In the end, it ended up taking more like four! It's a very pretty pink/brown/maroon/tan mix.

I sound like such a boring mom, don't I? Crocheting, watching American history film, and reading Amish books. Ha! I'm so variable, though. I truly love shopping, getting a new hairstyle, Bare Escentual makeovers, and eating out. I am someone who needs to be busy all the time, else I get bored.

No comments: