Monday, October 13, 2008

Worship

Singing to Jesus is something I love to do. Do I have a good voice? No. I prefer to sing everywhere except in public...in the shower, the car, outside while gardening, when I'm doing chores. I feel like in those moments I have an even better praise time than at church. I can sing my heart out and no one hears but Him. I think music is an amazing gift. What a unique ability He's given us to create it, to pair poetry and notes. And I can't wait to get to heaven and do it for all eternity. Can you imagine? All the nations singing His praises, bowing down before Him! "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is, and is to come."

Tonight we had Bible club with the kids. Sadly, our group has shrunk. 3 girls in one family moved away because their parents separated :(, 2 boys from different families moved away as well, and 1 boy just doesn't come anymore. So 2-4 girls usually come every week. About a month ago, all 4 of the girls accepted Christ as their Savior. Talk about exciting!! So when summer ended, we felt led to continue through the school year. It was tough setting aside my sorrow, looking outside myself and seeing these girls' need for love and discipleship. I honestly wanted to quit for a month, to give myself time away from it all, then start again after a while. And that may have been fine. But I felt the familiar nudging of the Spirit, you know, that continually knocking that doesn't stop until you've given in? Yep. And it has been SO worth it. Every smile, every sweet, sweet little girl voice that sings those Bible songs with off-key enthusiasm, and those same voices praying to God at the end of our time. Yep. Every bit has been worth it. Thank you Lord for giving us the strength to carry on, many times not for ourselves, but for other lives that need You.

No comments: