Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bible Study day

Today is Bible study. This year we're studying the Life of Moses and it has been so good for me. Bri is enjoying her 2s & 3s class as well. She comes home singing "Clean up time, clean up time" :) Talk about cute. Some of the lessons I learned personally this week: God is relational. He is not only holy, almighty and powerful, but He desired a relationship with Israel (you will be my people and I will be your God) and desires a relationship with me as well. It is comforting to know that the same God who created me, also sent His Son to die for my sins so that I could be redeemed. Isn't that amazing? Who else serves a god like that? I've also learned that despite or feebleness, God is able to work in our lives. It's not about us, anyway. It's about the big God we love and serve. So when we think "I can't do this!!", remember, no you can't but He can do it through you. When God call us to do something, He provides the strength and support for the journey.

I've asked God to show me some glimpses of what He's trying to accomplish in my life (I'm sure there are a lot of shortcomings in me that provide Him with a lifetime project), but I mean through me to others. I'm excited about the new students He's brought into my life, as well as the new kids that may come to Bible club. Perhaps that is a glimpse of something. But whatever it is, I am content with each step I take.

I just read an awesome quote the other day:
"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, fragrant flowers, the blue curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Anyway, Wednesdays are kind of mommy and Bri special days. So after Bible Study, we'll probably head to Qdoba, then to the kids play area at the mall. She loves other kids! Then we might grab a cookie at Mrs. Fields. Yummy yum.

No comments: