Sunday, October 19, 2008

Need more weekend

The weekends always go by fast. Seems like by the time we get caught up on sleep, it's back to Monday again. Saturday was wonderful. We woke up early to do some yard work and clean the garage. It felt good to get projects done. We were going to go the Home Show in Seattle, but decided not to after all. Brilla would have been bored out of her skull and we simply decided we'd rather do something else. So we headed to Costco for some lunch. Note to self: NEVER go to Costco on a Saturday around noon! I already knew this, but some lessons have to be learned more than twice. I was going to buy a fun magazine, but decided against it after I peeked at the looong lines. Oh well, a nice warm decaf mocha for only $1 made my day :) That, and a yummy churro.

Next we headed to West Seattle to walk along Alki Beach. We love Alki, and we love walking. It was a great combo. I think we walked forever! It was such a gorgeous day (probably one of our last) with the sun out. Normally, I would not have been worn out. But I'm still physically healing so I was downright pooped. It felt good to get exercise though. In the middle of our walk, we breaked at Alki Bakery and got a couple blueberry sour cream coffee cakes. They were delicious!
Sweets are our weakness, especially baked goods. Upon getting back home, we met up with my parents to go on a hay ride down in the valley. Unfortunately, we missed the last ride by minutes :( It was still a great time with eating roasted corn and kettle corn. Gotta love the fall. Brilla just loved the roasted corn. I had to keep reclaiming mine from her! Then we headed to one of our favorite family restaurants, Azteca. Great place for Mexican food. I ordered the fajita burrito and Mike got the chicken taquitos. Leave it up to me to order something twice the size of my husband's. And I ate almost all of it, too. I guess he did have a few bites along with Brilla :P

Today was relaxing. I woke up with a terrible sinus headache, so Mike had to teach Sunday School alone. But I met up with him during regular service. I love meeting up with other believers on Sunday. It's rejuvinating and encouraging all at once. It also helps me when my heart is sad, as long as I don't get the many questions of "Are you doing okay today?" I know people only care, but I get that asked so many times. And it's hard to put into words how I feel exactly. Today was a good day, but that doesn't mean I'm not hurting. We went to Elmer's with Mike's parents and Tim. I always enjoy getting together with them. Many times we miss Dick (Mike's dad) because of his work schedule. They keep him busy up at Northwest Airlines. Seriously. Our Seahawks are so bad this year!! I don't know why they are awful this time 'round, at least our defense anyway. Well, our offense is not so hot, either. There must be some kind of curse on Seattle sports this season. Ugh. But we are faithful fans anyway...always watching with an undying hope that maybe this game will be awesome...Right now we are playing puzzles with Brilla. She likes it better when Mama and Daddy play with her. She calls us 'Mama Joy' and 'Michael Daddy' these days :) Don't know where she got that, but it's cute. This is such a precious age. Poor thing, she doesn't know that in a few minutes, I will be bringing out the jammies and putting this girl down for beddy-bye.

At least this night isn't over yet. Maybe we'll pop in The Office and laugh our heads off, while I finish my spice chai. Might as well enjoy the last few hours of our weekend - even though we need more of it.

No comments: