Saturday, October 25, 2008

Double date

I'm so excited...tonight we have a double date with another couple, Josh and Sarah. It's actually a birthday double date because all four of us have birthdays in October. Whee! Funny thing, we don't know where we're going yet. We'll have a blast wherever we end up though. Talking and laughing, catching up with each other. We might even head over to hour house afterward and play a game or two. This would be the selection: Monopoly, Dutch Blitz, Yahtzee, Scattergories, Risk, Apples to Apples, or Mad Gab. Not the most awesome list, but hey, with friends anything can turn crazy. I personally would pick Scattergories or Dutch Blitz.

Yesterday I finished painting Brilla's new room. I was initially hesitant to do it. It was the last major project Amelia and I did together. There were even still a few smudges where my big tummy had smeared the paint. Good memories, but sad ones, too. So though this is Brilla's room, I'm doing this remodeling project really for my daughter, Amelia. A tribute to one of the last times we spent bonded. A tribute to the little steps we can take when we don't let fear run our lives, but let God's strength uphold us.

After painting, I made a scrumptous dinner of oven-fried chicken, corn-on-the-cob and brown rice. The itch for dessert wouldn't leave, so I baked up some snickerdoodles. Why did my husband have to go on a dessert fast during the fall season? This is when I crave sitting by the fire, sipping hot tea, and dunking some kind of yummy. Oh well, we had cookies anyway.
Little Brilla was in a good mood today. She didn't throw any tantrums all day. A first in a while. Can I just say she's in that 2 year old stage where she wears her feelings on her sleeve? It's like she has a bundeload of emotions she doesn't know what to do with. But we love her just the same, cute toes and all. Note to all mothers of infants: kiss those toes while you can because into toddlerhood they get kinda stinky :)

No comments: