Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Soak Up The Love


This last week, I have lost all motivation to cook. I am so tired in the evening, so heavy, just so pregnant. I'm not sleeping well, either, so I rather dread bedtime. I'm thinking I'll organize the nursery some more. Just something to shut my eyes immediately as my head hits the pillow. I'm also done with maternity clothes. My favorite outfit right now is sweats and a roomy shirt! We've also just been through the whirlwind that comes in early March when you own a business...taxes.

The Bible study ladies held the sweetest baby shower for me (and Brilla). I was incredibly blessed! They surrounded me and prayed for each member of our family. I felt so covered, so loved. Now I know why the Bible emphasizes the need for fellowship with other believers. Christ's love just flows through them to you. We received some cute stuff! I say we because those thoughtful ladies even gave Bri a few gifts. She is saving hers for after Baby comes...then she'll have new stuff to play with during those boring moments when I'm nursing :) The gal who teaches with me in my 2's class gave the best gift of all!

Prayer cards...




Cutie pie outfits....







Books for that smart Baby Girl of mine ::wink::....


Yay! First set of Babylegs....


Mom time. What you can't see is that the packet behind the Johnson lotion is actually a whole scrapbooking kit for the new princess! Won't that be fun....


And though we're doing cloth this time, I don't think some extra disposables will do any harm at all. Enough for an army of newborns!


And this wonderful bundle of advice, encouragement and love from the ladies...


I already said this, but truly these ladies have been a blessing. I think these last 2 years, I have seen my need to accept love, prayer and encouragement from other believers. Sometimes we give out so much and how little do we realize part of that is letting yourself soak it up when it bounces back. It may sound strange, but this has been hard for me to grasp, growing up in a family who was taught to do, do, do and serve, serve, serve. Nothing wrong with doing and serving. But sometimes we just need to be still and know God. Know His love through brothers and sisters who care for us. Thank you, Jesus, for your Church.

No comments: