Saturday, March 20, 2010

Reflection

"Remembering it over and over leaves my soul downcast within me. But I will call this to mind, as my reason to have hope: The favors of the Lord are not exhausted, his mercies are not spent; They are renewed each morning, so great is his faithfulness. My portion is the Lord, says my soul, therefore will I hope in him." Lamentations 3:20-24

As I read another's blog this evening, my heart was pricked. They lost their precious son as an infant (SIDS) 2 years ago. It made me miss my Amelia. But this verse so encouraged me I had to share it with you all. It applies to ANY situation which causes us deep sorrow. What an amazing promise to know that the grass (and life) fades, but God and His Word last forever. His love, His faithfulness, mercy, and grace last FOREVER. I can bask in that, knowing that our Amelia is in the care of the One who is eternal and never changes.

Though I'm bubbling over with utter joy at our Katie's soon birth, reality reminds me of our previous loss. I feel that only the Christian can truly have live in these contrasting states of joy and sorrow because we know Who holds the future. We're able to go on with life, but we're also able to remember a love lost. Well, because we're children of God, but we're still human.

No comments: