Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Visitors!

No, we don't have termites, though my husband's uncle just found out, through installing new windows, that he has those "fancy ants with wings".

We have live human relatives from the south here to visit! We never have relatives to visit, usually. They think it's very wet and cold. And they are right. But still, I say the PNW is the biggest kept secret around. And let it stay that way.

Ahem. Back to our visitors! My Grandma and Auntie, from Missouri and Texas, respectively, have come for Dad's 50th birthday celebration. I'd like to say they came to see me and the new baby specifically. But that's just a bonus.

So, we will be busy this week chatting to catch up and having way too much coffee. Brilla has already received the cutest little duckie as an early Easter gift from Auntie. I think Katie has some fans already, so she better make her appearance soon!

I have struggled with depression a bit this last week. Amazing how our emotions can bog us down, isn't it? When Brilla was born, she arrived early into our lives, 9 days to be exact. But this has been different. I have been waiting forever it seems to hold my baby. But I have resolved that I will not let it get me down! I have been worshiping the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness, asking Him for the strength to wait a bit longer. His timing is best and always for my good. Besides, Easter is coming. Is it just me, or is this not the most awesome holiday ever! Jesus is alive!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you, Joy! Hang in there. May your arms be full of sweet Katie SOON! I'm praying for you.

Susannah Forshey said...

I know this feeling....waiting can be the WORST especially once you're past that "due date." Have you tried any natural remedies to help encourage things along? Evening Primrose Oil, foot massage...I have a few things from my midwife sisters (2 of them are midwife assistants) that I'd be happy to share with you, all natural, if you're interested.

Joy said...

Oh, I know there's all kind of natural ways to get labor moving along, but I'd rather just let her come when she wants! Thanks, though, Susi. I do want her to greet us. My g-friend in Arizona is using raspberry leaf tea and primrose oil. She was due March 25 and it's not helping one iota!

I am thrilled that Ben is coming "next month"! Btw, B just named her stuffed Easter chick, Violet :)