Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tiredly Typing

My body is tired; my brain is tired. Vegging on the couch is the activity of choice.

This morning, B and I hung out with my parents. They recently returned from Hawaii (Oahu) and we hadn't seen them in a while. We went out to Marie Callendar's for breakfast. I ordered the Denver omelet and buttermilk pancakes. Yum.

Then, we headed over to the mall. My dear dad watched B play on the toys while Mom and I hung out at the spa! I got a manicure in pretty pink. I never get my nails done, so this was going out on a limb. Seems whenever I paint my nails, they get ruined in record time. Maybe I need to invest in some gloves for dish-washing, or just never cook and clean again. Sounds great, huh? :P At least this Mama's nails look snazzy for when Katie arrives.

After that, we headed to Starbucks for coffee and B got an ICEE from the Target cafe. Felt so good to sit down for a while. There's nothing like sitting after a long trek through the mall when you're 9 months pregnant.

I saw the cutest newborn outfit in Hallmark today! It was decently priced for being so cute. It was a pink tutu over a black onesie, with matching foofy booties. If it weren't for all the sweet stuff Katie has yet to wear, I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat.

After the mall adventures, we headed home. Definitely B's nap time, as she was voluntarily climbing in my lap to lay her head on my shoulder. She fell fast asleep after a single rendition of Twinkle, Twinkle.

While my parents and I were chatting over tacos, Mike came home. I think the highlight of my every day is when Mike gets home from work! Dad showed us nearly all 750 photos - whoa!- and by the end of that, we were all pooped from a long day together.

Mike had to finally admit defeat on a dresser we recently bought off craigslist. Honestly, when I saw that thing come through my front door for the first time, I knew it was a loser. But my husband had hope, so I thought, "Okay". Well, looks like it's not okay and we have wasted a few bucks. But you win some and lose some. Oh well. I'm just glad that thing won't be taking up residence in my bedroom :) Tomorrow we embark on an estate sale furniture hunt for another dresser. It will be interesting.

I'm also looking forward to an awesome sermon at church! The new church we've been visiting is great. The pastor is so deep and speaks with such conviction, not to mention he's spot on with the Word. The praise and worship is amazing, too. I have left each time so full of admiration and deeper love for my Jesus.

It has been such a non-scheduled day, we are just heading out for dinner now. So it's ta-ta until next time. Happy weekend!

No comments: