Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Randomness


It is pouring, and I mean,
pouring rain outside. Our weather is hilarious. For a solid week, we had nothing but sunshine and warmth, while it was snowing down in Florida. Then, we had a bout of snow...the first all year...the first week of March. Now we're back to the Spring rain! Welcome to Western Washington.

We have finally picked a name! Katie Claire. We just love the sound of it for Baby Girl. Mike likes Katie and I've always adored Claire. Now I can finally get going on her wall decor...

I've been struggling with wall decor. Now I've sprung the cutest idea. Instead of spending quite a few bucks, and buying wooden letters to paint and decorate (as I did with my first daughter's), I will be taking five small 4x6 frames and creating letters K-A-T-I-E inside them, each decorated differently. Hung on different levels, it should be quite pretty. I will have to post when I'm finished.

I am also going to the Supermall today. I believe that place is my new Friday hangout. Hey, coffee and shopping, go figure! Bed, Bath and Beyond is having a sale on 640-thread count sheets. Normally $60, they are 40% off, plus that little dandy coupon they usually send in the mail. My husband and I are big fans of high-thread count sheets; we've seen the difference at how long they last and feel compared to lower counts.

I cut my daughter's hair the other day! I promised her a hair cut thinking there was bound to be a salon in the area that cut toddler hair for around $8 or so. Wrong. At the end of the day, I finally found a place that only cut for $10, but they had no openings left. So, armed with my haircutting tools (I do cut my husband's hair!) and a Shirley Temple movie, Brilla's beautifully long hair was trimmed. And I must say, doesn't look half bad :D It's shorter than I originally planned, but both Daddy and I really like the length. Makes our girl look older. ::Sniff::


Went in for my 38th week check-up yesterday! Baby is very healthy and kicking my ribs! She's running out of room and really should come out soon. But I think she'll figure that out. B said the other day, "Mama, you need to push that baby OUT!" Yes, dear. My mid-wife said that if I haven't gone into labor by next week, she's going to do a nonstress test. Being that I lost Amelia at 28 weeks, she just wants to double-check and be safe. Not that this is top priority, but I've gained a total of 26 lbs with Katie. That is the healthiest pregnancy weight gain yet. It also helps that the cool weather of Winter has reduced swelling and miserableness. Summer pregnancies are so difficult! As for the nonstress test and not having delivered Katie yet, I am not worried. Brilla came 9 days early, and I am still 2 weeks away from my due date. Not to mention, I want her to develop as much as needed while inside! I just want my Baby Girl healthy!

This was my last week for teaching my 2s class. It was bittersweet. Bitter because I won't see my 2s again, and I've really grown to love them. Sweet because I am soon meeting our third daughter, which is a completely wonderful reason to step out of leadership! I am still planning on teaching piano next week, but it will be my last week. I will have to figure out a new schedule for my students, with a second child in the mix. I can't very well nurse while teaching!! All in good time.

I'm currently looking for a file cabinet and dresser off Craigslist. Off course, we may just end up buying something from the "scratch and dent" at Old Cannery. Since Katie will take over what used to be our office, we have moved the office into the garage, and Mike will have to store his clothes in a dresser in our room (currently the nursery closet is where they are). My clothes take up our entire bedroom closet. Mind you, our bedroom closet is very tiny. And a very strange storage design.

Well, that's it for Friday randomocity. Sounds like the down-pour has paused momentarily. Time to get out of my robe and onto my day!

1 comment:

Dan said...

hey girl, (This is Casey)

Thanks for your encouragement. It helps.

It's just so frustrating when your struggle is on the outside for all to see. But I know God is big enough.

Also, I'm going to have to really seek your support one day if God allows us to get pregnant again. I'm not ready yet so we're not trying but I think we'll need to start trying before I'm probably mentally ready. It just scares me. honestly.

I can't wait to see pics of Katie!! Love her name.. both of them.

Love, Casey