Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary (To Us)!

August 28th was our 5th wedding anniversary!! The actual day itself was ho-hum with work, chores and nausea. Don't worry, Friday was only ho-hum because our Sat/Sun had some grand plans only known by my husband. But there was still excitement for the five years of memories I've made with my best friend and Love. These have been the deepest and fullest years of my life.

I am so blessed to love and cherish my husband even more today than I did on August 28, 2004. I love Michael simply for who God has made him. One of Mike's most prominent characteristics is his patience. This stands out to me, being someone who is not so patient. He is also a born leader, and does an outstanding job as head of not only our home, but his construction business. His trust in God during these hard, economic times has been such an example. And my husband loves to laugh. His sense of humor has gotten us through tough times and made our lives so full of smiles and light. I get him back on his practical jokes every once in a while.

Mike really wanted to plan our 5th. It was actually "my turn" this year, but as we were talking on the phone, he was like, "Can I plan it this year? I really want to!" So I said sure. I just dropped a hint that I would love to stay in a hotel ;)

Man, did he go above and beyond! We stayed at the Hyatt in Bellevue, where we actually stayed for our 2nd anniversary. I was thrilled! It's so beautiful. The room was amazing. And after parking at the hotel, we didn't have to use the car all weekend; we just walked everywhere. I had plenty of time to pretty myself up for dinner in the room. It was really nice to have a little time to get ready without my toddler. I had planned to wear a cute little green dress, but my pregnant body didn't feel confident in a dress, so I opted for nice jeans and a cute top. We ate at McCormick & Schmick's, our absolute favorite restaurant. I ordered the halibut with tomato puree, on top of wild mushroom risotto. Oh, to die for. Mike had the rock fish with stir fry veggies and a really yummy sauce. So good! I only wish I could've eaten my whole dish. After dinner, we watched the rest of the Seahawks game on our hotel room's HDTV. That was very cool. We are both avid fans, so we can't even miss a preseason game :) Later that night, we headed out for a walk, ending up at Cheesecake Factory to split some avocado egg rolls and hot fudge sundae. Delicious!
After sleeping in the next morning, we ate breakfast at a place Mike had planned...the 0/8 Seafood Grill. I had the ham and cheese omelet while he got his Belgian waffle. Mike had planned for us to then got see a movie at the IMAX theater. But I really wanted to take a shower before we checked out of our room, so we did that instead. I don't think we were that bummed, because we can always go see a movie another time. Later, we browsed the mall and played Frisbee at the park. After a while, I felt like a dog chasing a stick (I didn't realize it would be so warm!), so we cooled off with some smoothies.

By the end of the Sunday, I had had a glorious time, and was thoroughly exhausted. Though we would have loved a longer weekend just by ourselves, we had a marvelous day and a half and were ready to see Brilla again.

Would love to post pics of everything, but don't quite know how to download pics from Mike's new blackberry yet. But I will say he gave me a gorgeous bouquet of roses, which I am still smelling as they reside on our entry way table.

No comments: