Friday, August 7, 2009

Here and There

Friday is here! And it's already fading fast...

Doesn't it seem like we're so excited about the weekend being here, then it's over faster than we can say "Monday"? Well, that shouldn't happen this weekend because, strangely, there's no big "to do's" on our list for the weekend. Which is nice, for a change. But I'm sure we'll fill the emptiness quickly!

It was so cute. My daughter said to my husband last night, "Daddy, I would love to go on date with you!" All smiles and jumping repeatedly. Daddy said, "You would, would you?" He was trying hard, but couldn't hide that beaming smile on his face. He talked about going to Panera Bread for breakfast, then heading to the play area for a while. She nodded her head over and over and said with one shoulder up, "Let's do it, Daddy." Such a charmer. Then she said, "I'll be a Mama, you can be the Daddy, and (pointing at me) you can be little Bwilla!" In other words, she was meaning she could be like Mama, who goes on dates with Daddy, and...I would obviously be out of the loop :) Somehow, I don't mind a bit. So maybe I'll go get my eyebrows done tomorrow, since they have grown back into a unibrow again. Yay! Time alone.

Then, I guess my husband wants to have a date with me in the evening. Is it just me that gets giddy when "date night" is mentioned by own husband, and not me?? Not sure where we're going yet, but I'm sure I have a coupon for some place in my cupboard somewhere ;)

So much for my gung-ho attitude at cooking all those healthy meals for myself in the first tri-mester. My sense of smell is incredibly strong and I can't take cooking meat. It makes me sick. Since my husband does not cook, we have been going out for dinner practically every night. Not always sit-downs, mind you. He will be so incredibly grateful for anything I cook once I feel better! For lunches, it's easy, like I said, to heat up soup. Or cook some nuggets in the oven. Or put hummus and veggies in a wrap. But dinner is all about the main course. My husband is not a "salad guy". Hey, you do construction all day and try coming home to a salad. No go. And truth is, I don't mind a bit cooking up a big meal. But I just can't do right now. This only lasts for around 12 weeks though; I should milk it for all it's worth! ::wink::

This morning, my queasiness was pretty bad, but I exercised at the gym anyway. Do you know, I can't "power walk" on the treadmill (feels yucky), but to walk at about 3.4 on hills of an incline at 6 feels totally great? If I go for about an hour, I can lose 300 calories, and that's decent for me while I'm pregnant. I'm definitely taking it easy this time 'round. In fact, most days I just get my work-out by cleaning my house.

Reading my Bible has been a challenge for me this summer. I appreciate the break from my regular Bible study, because then I'm free to read whatever I want. As I've been saying, I'm working through the Love Dare. In a way, it's my devotional. And I've been delving into the Scriptures that are mentioned throughout, often getting caught up in the entire passage. But it's still hard with all my other library reads lingering close by. I'd rather pick those up and pore over them immediately, rather than spending that free time I have with my Jesus. So that is my priority this next week, to spend that early morning time with God and get in the the other reads when I can, instead of the other way around.

No comments: