Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Terrific Tuesday

It is terrific because it is yet another day with a little someone growing inside me. Again, isn't God good?

Yesterday and today I have felt extremely exhausted. Honestly, I have felt completely out of it for the last couple weeks. I'm such a wimp! I guess I forgot how tired the body is during the first trimester. I'm also feeling queasy...here and there. Eating food helps.

This morning, I dragged myself off the internet and cleaned out the refrigerator. It was trash day, so I wanted to get all the expired, moldy (!) food and frozen unidentifiables out. Then I lugged both trash and recycle cans to the cul-de-sac.

It was also grocery shopping day. After reading Feed the Belly (see two posts ago), I wanted to fill my frig and cupboards with healthy, appealing foods for these first trimester days. So I made my long list and headed to Winco and Fred Meyer...my two favorite grocery stores. I had just eaten breakfast not 2 hours ago, but lo and behold, I was hungry, and a little queasy, again. So we stopped at Tully's, my favorite coffee shop. I got the classic decaf mocha and just chilled with Brilla by the couches. I read the newspaper while B danced to the music. It was incredibly therapeutic. After that, I felt super motivated to get my shopping going.

After our trip to Winco, we stopped for lunch at a place called Viggiano's. It's an Italian/Greek place. We ordered the chicken gyro with salad, and it was delish. My last gyro experience was not as delightful, so I was happy.

Then we tackled Fred Meyer. I love their selection of organic and natural items! I'm trying out more organic items lately. I'll let you know how they taste...

Finally, home. Just in time to whip up the house into shape and put le B down for nap.

A sad thing happened today....I lost a piano student. Two weeks past it had been a no-call, no-show ordeal, so I assumed she was done for the summer, or something like that. Each student/parent signs a list of rules, it being their responsibility to contact me. So you can imagine I was not ready for her to arrive at her lesson time today! I was in my scrungies with laundry all over the floor. The parent left in a huff when told there would be no lesson, but what was I to do? I seriously do think that piano teachers are the most take advantage of because our time does not seem as "priority" as other appointments.

Enough of that.

Later in the evening, I basically did nothing but spend time with my husband and daughter =) Mike was not working after work as he'd had to do a lot lately, so it was very nice. We ate a light dinner and watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. I love those game shows! Mike was very sweet and rubbed my feet. We are making an early evening of it and turning in.

I am having the hardest sleep these days because I have to wake up for the restroom in the middle of it. I know working out at the gym would solve that, but I have, like, zero energy motivation. Some day I will see meet-up with my long lost mojo again!

No comments: