Monday, August 17, 2009

Buy One Get One Free Marriage Conference!

The real reason I'm posting today is to let you know that Family Life Today is offering a Buy One Get One Free offer on their marriage conference, A Weekend to Remember. Offer ends today, the 17th!! Wonderful conference I've heard. So, check it out!

Nothing super exciting this weekend...my husband had to work. Oh, and brother B went back to school. Boohoo.

Bri and I tried to go thrifting, but alas, the store was closing out, and everything was a big mess! I hadn't the patience to dig through stuff. But we did stop by Starbucks and share a hot chocolate. I think that was worth it all :)

We also hung out at the library...checked out a whole new slough of books, including an autobiography of Julie Andrews, Home. I will let you know how it is...so far an excellent read. Got Brilla started on the Angelina Ballerina books; also found M a biography of Tony Dungy. Not quite finished with Still Growing (Kirk Cameron), but M and I are reading through that together, so I have to wait until we get our alone time together to read it (though I have read ahead ;))

We had a wonderful time of prayer at church last night. It was a culmination of our 3-week prayer and fasting. No, I did not fast for 3 weeks, but each of us gave up certain things, and those of us who could fast, did. I believe God is working mightily in and among us!

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; break forth in song, rejoice and sing praises." Psalm 98:4

No comments: