Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rejoice in God!!

Just getting on here to say I had an awesome conversation with my Grandma Louise on the phone. Must have been the Lord prompting me to call her, because she had it on her to-do list to call me this afternoon. And she felt bad about no contact in so long as well. My grandma is one of my closest friends and I can talk to her about anything. She's such a spiritual encouragement and source of love.

Anyway, it will be her 80th birthday this December! I'm so excited!! I want it to be special. Unfortunately, she lives in the Midwest and we have chosen not to do any airplane rides during this pregnancy, to error on the side of caution. So, I'm plotting to possibly see her anyway, maybe with flying her this way. We shall see...

Got me thinking about the different people in my life Ive been meaning to get a hold of. Maybe I should each make that phone call today; only takes a couple minutes, half-hour, or whatever....

God bless you today! I was reading Scripture today and was reminded of the story of how David danced in joy when the ark came to Jerusalem. And I came across this quote as well ~

"We Christians can sometimes be a joyless lot, preoccupied with maintaining our dignity. That’s an odd attitude, though, since we’re joined to a God who has given us His wonderful gift of joy and laughter..."

A critical spirit born out of spiritual shallowness and insensitivity to the things of God is dangerous (as in the case of Michal). We really should put aside our stress, anxiety and critical spirit, to worship God in joy...in everything we do! I write this as a personal lesson to myself.

No comments: