Saturday, August 15, 2009

Two Months Along, Fircrest Fun Days with the Fam

"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him." Lamentations 3:25

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103:2

I've been wanting to write here about how I'm doing, what I'm feeling, etc. I am 8 weeks along - the baby is the size of a kidney bean. Already the "tail" has disappeared and limbs are becoming more distinct. Funny, this little bean is alread
y wreaking havoc on my hormones. To be completely honest, I'm feeling awful lately. I'm queasy, tired, bloated, headachy, and at times, depressed. I don't feel good at all. I try not to be dramatic and grumpy about it, but I'm not good at sucking it up when it comes to pregnancy.

In my heart, I'm excited, but my hormones are so all over the place, that my happiness isn't totally evident. In fact, I'm moaning and groaning so much that Brilla has started to say, at least three times a day, "I don't feel good", " I have an owie", "I have a headache", or some other malady. It's hilarious.

Nevertheless, I continually remind myself that the first trimester woes will be gone in one month, and indicates that the pregnancy is healthy.

I also thank God for *Baby* every day, asking God to keep him or her safe and healthy. I know God has a particular plan for our little one.

I've already been thinking about all the preparation for Baby. It is bittersweet. I often reminisce about my days with Amelia and how much I miss her. You know, all the things we didn't get to prepare for her, the items (like her beautiful rug) that I had to return. It's plain hard. Sometimes I try to quell the longing for her to be with us, but I can't. She's so intertwined in my heart even though I never got to experience life with her outside the womb.


In fact, the other day, I started crying. I'm emotional these days anyway, but I was thinking about how Brilla used to talk to my tummy while Amelia was inside, singing to her, and calling her Baby Tummy. As a young toddler, she was already excited about her new sibling. Even though she couldn't begin to understand all the details. Anyway, Brilla was in the room when my tears fell. She's very compassionate - she got this concerned look on her face. She said, "You need Kitty", handing me her stuffed cat, covering my lap with her special blanket, and rubbing my back. All the things that comfort her. It was all very sweet and obviously, I couldn't stay sad for long.

I tried to talk like an adult with my almost-3 year old. "Brilla, do you miss Amelia? Do you wish she was here so she could share your toys?" She said, with her eyes still concerned, "No. She's in heaven, Mama."

So wise, so true. I've really no need to feel sadness. My second-born is living the abundant life in heaven. Her tears have been wiped away. Death do
esn't concern her - she's perfect. Can't wait 'til my years are wiped away, though.

I guess it's only natural that I remember the daughter we get to see in heaven, as I anticipate the birth of the new life inside of me right now. In some ways, March seems so far off, but in others, too close! No matter how many pregnancies I've had, I still forget the playing out of it all...I forget how often the restroom calls. Ugh. And it only gets worse from here ;) Goodbye bladder, hello indigestion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to mention how much fun we had last weekend with my side of the family.
I grew up in the small town of Fircrest, which is right nearby the larger city of Tacoma. Every year they have "Fircrest Fun Days", full of food, attractions, rides, booths, a swim meet. My parents live within walking distance (like 2 minutes) from the park where all this takes place. Later in the evening, my brother B, Brilla, Mike and I checked it out. Lo and behold, they had pony rides! So here is our girl on her first pony ride:


We later walked back up to my parent's house for a delicious dinner of grilled salmon, shrimp and filet mignon, potstickers (gyoza), green salad, and other yummy veggies from their garden. Then we went out in the front yard, complete with citronella lamps, hot cocoa and blankets, to watch the fireworks that typically end the Fun Days weekend. Have to admit, they were better than the July 4th fireworks! Here's a very small glimpse.



And here we are enjoying the view.







What a fun and memorable evening!!

1 comment:

Susannah Forshey said...

I think it's hilarious how all of your posts these days (since preggo) have so many details about FOOD in them! You definitely have the pregnant nose issue!