Saturday, June 6, 2009

Moms Night Out and Missing Her

Can't you totally feel summer heading our way? Both in the weather and schedule-wise! Bible study is over for the year, and though I love it, it is good to have a break. It took up about 8 hrs of my week (including leadership training).

A few Saturdays ago, I had some fun with other Moms at Lucky Strike Lanes in Bellevue.

Loreena and Jackie are on the end

The lovely Jackie

I went with my 2 neighbor friends, Loreena and Jackie. We were glammed up for the night. The attire for the evening was listed as "cocktail dress" nice. But when we arrived, most of the ladies had opted for nice jeans and casual shirts! I guess it's better to be overdressed than underdressed :) I thoroughly enjoyed myself, though I stunk at the bowling part! Honestly, I love to bowl. But it's hit and miss with me at how I do each time. I even hit the gutter a couple times, which was completely embarrassing...I felt less embarrassed when practically all the other women did it at least once, too. I ordered one of my favorites...a Shirley Temple. And their BBQ chicken pizza was amazing. Just like I make at home, except they didn't have whole wheat crust :) Really you should try out Lucky Strike. The atmosphere is wonderful, they have full length screens so the guys don't miss "the game", the food was delicious/reasonably-priced, and it is comfy cozy on their couches. Oh, and they have a dress code, too. Fancy-schmancy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Sunday before Memorial Day, I was struggling emotionally. I went down my checklist...PMS? No. Pregnant? No. I had just seen pictures of a mama holding her newborn daughter and the tears wouldn't stop flowing. I missed Amelia so much. So I headed by myself to the cemetery because I needed to see my daughter's grave...and pray...and cry. I'm glad I did. I needed to let it all out. I did not know the cemetery had installed her grave stone already, but there it was. Serene and beautiful. I wept as I prayed to God, and told him all the feelings bottled up inside. There's nothing like talking to the Lord, the one Who ultimately loves me and knows my heart. Finally I was able to sit back and simply bask in His goodness and praise Him. And ask Him to pass on my love to Amelia.

1 comment:

Susannah Forshey said...

Still think of you often, Joy, and the burden of grief you carry. You inspire me to give thanks to God for how a Christ-filled grief can be both so deep and so victorious at the same time. Your sorrow is never just sorrow, but always punctuated by praise. Thanks for sharing....you truly are an example.