Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I don't know why Monday is my least favorite day of the week

My, June is flying fast. It is already the 16th. Whew.

I got my exercise in the early Monday morning. I did 30 min on the elliptical, then lots of hills on the treadmill for another 30 minutes. I can tell I'm pushing my body because I've worked up a good sweat the entire time. After a shower and lots more water, I felt refreshed and ready to move on with the day. B did pretty good this time in the kids care area. About a month ago, B went from loving to go there, to being afraid of me leaving her there. And then last week, she had her worst temper tantrum ever. She's doing pretty well now. Just part of the parenthood journey.

Last night we had our kids Bible club. We played tug-of-war and Mike plus two other little kids won. I think it was mostly Mike. But then we did guys versus girls and the girls won. We then played an interesting game where there were two teams, 3 kids on each team. One had to be carried by the two other teammates. Whoever tagged Mike at the other end of the lawn won. Needless to say, when Brilla was the person being carried, the winning team came easily! She's only 30 lbs.

Our topic was our battle plan as soldiers in God's army: 1) Believe Jesus died for your sins. 2) Remember you do not have to sin. 3) Obey God. 4) Thank God for the victory. Then we discussed the armor of God. They had all kinds of questions about what each piece of the armor of God meant...and I thankfully was somewhat prepared. I can't emphasize how healthy it is for me to have to know what I myself believe so I can share it with them in a way they understand. But you really never know what the kids will ask; they don't come from a Christian home, so they're full of curiosity. And excitement. And boundless energy ;) Needless to say, there was lots of interaction. So much so, that we ran out of time for our fun craft. However, we had a neat old time saying our Bible verse,

"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:11

In our previous lessons, we have discussed how Satan is a very real enemy, about his origin, and his tactics. So, the light really came on about how we can protect and fight against him. And we also thanked God for the victory! I pray that these kids would actually put on and use their armor this week.

After all the kids went home, our house had heated up to a nice 77 degrees. So we headed out for a walk. Our little B is extremely adventurous and has little fear...as we climbed up a steep hill, she repeatedly wanted to go up it herself, not caring about all the rocks, etc. Then, she proceeded to skip very fast on the way down. She is 2 1/2, and two going on three is one of the most daredevil and carefree ages I have seen yet. I think B will probably be athletic since she has so much gung-ho.

After putting the little munchkin down for bed, M and I relaxed while watching a couple episodes of The Office online. Feels so good to laugh; and that show is ridiculously funny. My hubby was very sweet and gave me a back rub while we watched. Ah, gotta love the end of the day.

1 comment:

Edith said...

I don't know why I don't like Mondays either. It's definitely something psychological (and, in my case, a lot to do with the fact I make myself go to a gym class on Mondays at 7am. Don't ask...). However I do love Monday evenings. It's a great feeling to know you've started the week and survived that first day. Silly aren't we when we know all along that the Lord has every day sorted and all we need to do is live it and trust Him?