Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Little Aimless

God is not a God who wants to grind us down to powder. He doesn't desire to see us suffer. "Ha, take that!" I believe He wants us, however, in whatever circumstances, to look in His direction and be conformed to the character of Christ, and produce love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control, etc. And to thank Him, because whatever we're going through is our destined twist or turn in life. He never gives us more than we are able to bear. Through it all, we are to grasp the lessons He wants us to learn. Sometimes we just don't get it the first time.

Journal entry today...

I have been able to pin-point my exact feelings right now. I feel a little aimless, not purposeful. I feel like I am in a transition state. But I cannot live my Christian life this way. I need to dedicate my days to God and ask how I can best serve and glorify Him. There will never be "the perfect moment" in my life for ministry, for serving Him. I cannot wait for my life to be fulfilled, I must be fulfilled in Christ right now.

Please fill me, Lord Jesus. Help me use my gifts to the best of my ability. And help me to be the wife You have asked me to be for Michael. Help me meet his needs. Help me to be a Mama who raises Brilla in Your truth and wisdom. Give me Your grace God, to get out of my comfort zone and into Your plans for my life.

No comments: