Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Compulsive Decorating

Lately, I've been decorating here, there and everywhere. I've just completed painting one wall of our livingroom. It used to be a badly stained dark wood, and now it is a fresh white! Today, I added new handles for the little doors - the wall consists of a sort of shelving/doors unit. Now all that needs to happen is moulding at the bottom and top. But let me tell you, it looks 100% better already! The white matches with a little mosaic table I found at TJ Maxx for $7. I also added further decoration with a bunch of (I think 10) rustic cherrywood frames for only $10 (also TJ). I think some of the best inexpensive decor are same-colored frames in different shapes and sizes.

I want to rid our other living room wall of it's 70s wood (you cheap, thin wood sheets). Some have said it's cool-looking. Though it's not terriblehorrible, I simply don't like it. It also darkens the small area. I want to bring the sunshine in! I'm also thinking of accenting the fireplace with a new mantle and mantle pillars (?).

See, I am addicted.

And I'd like to sand down and paint my daughter's desk, the one that I used when her age. I bought new silver hinges for it. I'm thinking I want the color to be light blue, with cute flourishes on the top and chair. We shall see. Her room is French countryish, with a kid flair, so it can't be anything too flashy.

I'm SO not a sewing girl, so I'm going to ask someone to make cushions for my piano bench and kitchen chairs. Perhaps it will only take buying foam cushions to cut out and a staple gun. If that's so, then the challenge is on. I also want to tile the wall behind my stove area, just to spice it up. Nothing fancy, just something cute and basic. I think tiles are on sale now.

Once I can finally get hold of the camera in my husband's truck, I will post some photos of my finished projects. I should post befores and afters but I never remember to do before's.

No comments: