Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bad Week

Have you ever had a downright awful horrible BAD week?

Well, I'm going through one right now. Probably not as bad as some, but...

Our taxes are due pretty soon. Like next week soon. Good thing we discovered that before the due date! Bad news is, we are on vacation before the deadline. So we're down to the wire on them. And last night was proof that finances, taxes, etc. can cause stress and headaches within a half-hour. We are hurrying up as fast as our fingers can carry us, armed with calculators and Turbo Tax. But my little brain can't help but envision maybe an accountant next year? Just a little CPA help or something?

And then a freak car malfunction. On Icey Monday, I was heading out to the gym. To get the snow/ice off my window, I tried to roll it down. Then I quickly rolled it up 'cause I realized I just needed to de-fog. Something stuck, so I tried to roll it up again, and the window did go up, but at a weird, not-so-normal angle! Then nothing. So I went to Greg's Japanese Auto. Initially it was only going to cost $314 for everything. I got a call today saying the main "roll-up, roll-down" button will cost $400. All in all, it will cost us about $700 for this "minor" fix! And we have limited insurance, so no, it doesn't cover. B-U-M-M-E-R.

These two things have affected other things that have affected other things. I won't go into it all. But it has just been plain hard. And finances aren't at a super high, either.

It is incredibly tempting to resort back to my toddlerhood state by whining and throwing a "grown-up" temper tantrum. But it's a good time to remember to ask God for help and cast my cares at His feet. And not be anxious, because I can't add an hour to my life or inch to my stature by doing so.

And I'm trying to count my blessings. I'm glad we didn't find out about our taxes due when it was too late. I'm glad the car thing didn't happen while I was way out of town, or the day before vacation. I'm glad that we can actually afford to pay the repairs. I'm grateful that we have an alternate car. It's totally manual, including no power steering, has some mold that I discovered on the floor (ick), AND a huge crack in the windshield, but hey, the engine runs great and we get to where we need to go.

If you think of us, shoot up a flare prayer on our behalf! Thanks. You can also let me know about your bad week, and I'll lift you up, too!

No comments: