Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Am Doing a New Thing

Our computer was sick and it is healthy again! So I can finally write about what I've been up to lately.

I mentioned last post I would share what God had impressed upon me in my personal quiet time. In my journal, I was very much pouring my heart out to Him, just being honest about how hard it will be if and when I ever get pregnant in the future. Not physically, but mentally. Of course, there would be much rejoicing over a new life. But some caution and a little anxiety as well. And I was asking God why it has to be so hard. Why can't I just simply be assured that everything will go well and I won't have to experience pain and heartache all over again? I already know the answer. God wants me to trust Him in all details. And I've slowly come to learn that these trials are like a blacksmith's fire that melt and shape me into the kind of person I become. This is where character, compassion, faith, and love is formed.

I was about to close my journal when I felt the Holy Spirit lead me to read the verse printed at the bottom of the page (each left page has a Scripture). I was startled to see a message from the Lord directly to me...

"Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!" Isaiah 43:18-19

Isn't that just awesome? I know the Lord was speaking to my heart. His specific Words spoke to me all the day long. So I am still waiting for the "new thing" that God has for my life. Perhaps He already has it in motion and I'm totally unawares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The update on my thyroid testing is that I do not have hypo-thyroid! Isn't that wonderful? Of course, I have heard several other women still had hypo-thyroid even though their test results came back normal. Since I'm really not into deep testing and I actually feel pretty good - no fatigue or drastic symptoms - I'm happy to go my merry way without giving it a thought. The reason why the doctor thought I might have it is because my thyroid is enlarged. I think it may have to do with all the emotional strain in the last several months.

On Saturday I head down to Florida for my brother's graduation! Can you believe it?? 4 years have flown! He is going back for his Masters though, so we only see him a slight bit this summer. You can guarantee I'll be enjoying the beautiful sunshine while I'm down there! The blue water and white sand is something I haven't seen in a while. Please pray for my pocketbook...I heard there's some nice outlet malls!!

I have recently been training to be a leader in a ministry for this coming fall. Honestly, the responsibility seemed overwhelming, and still does a little, but after a whole day of observing, I feel a little less anxiety, and a little more anticipation. I guess if God called me to this, He can prepare and equip me!

And what about all this glorious sunshine in Washington?! It comes and goes, doesn't it? Today I am relishing the warmth. Ahhhhhh. Soak up that vitamin D :)

If I don't post before Saturday, here's to some fun photos when I get back!

1 comment:

Song said...

I just thought I'd let you know that I also have an enlarged thyroid, but have tested negative for any problems during all three of my pregnancies! I just have a big thyroid for no apparent reason. My only concern initially (which my midwives assured me is very unlikely) was that it would develop into a goiter :). So praise the Lord for large thyroids! He is control!!

Bless you, Joy. I am praying for your heart and fertility in this season.