Friday, April 10, 2009

Random Friday

It has been a wonderfully slow Friday. Not much going on. Ahhh....

As I've mentioned before, we are working on totally making over our back yard. It now has a huge retaining wall, which now makes the space much more usable and mowable. This morning I planted geraniums, pansies, petunias, and a couple azaleas. We are waiting on the hydrangeas...I think it is early for them. I am waiting to plant my climbing hydrangea and rhody given in memory of Amelia. I can't wait to post pics of them when they are all in full bloom and our grass begins to grow! Mike worked on the grass this morning. We've been busy little bees!

And Brilla did a great job of mucking up her boats and raincoat - actually her entire outfit. Wasn't it nice of 'Michael Daddy' to deal with that? But she had good reason to get all muddy...she was helping me ever so much planting all those flowers!

I also did some exciting things like pay bills and clean my house. And head to the library. I have come home with the movies On Moonlight Bay (Doris Day and Gordon MacRae), a 1938 Nancy Drew Mystery Collection on DVD, and The Quiet Man. Books are Deliver Us From Evil (Sean Hannity), Living Rich for Less (Ellie Kay) - no, it's not health and wealth! -, and Peter Marshall's The First Easter (Catherine Marshall). For le Brilla, I got Thomas Jefferson: A Picture Book Biography and Winnie the Pooh's Easter. Yay for free and educational entertainment from the library!

Btw, I have finished reading The Warrior (Francine Rivers) and it was good. It wasn't ultra good, but maybe that's because I'm already entrenched in the life of Moses via Bible study. Sometimes you can have too much of a good story. Right now I have my nose in The Longing (Beverly Lewis). I always forget how amazing of an author she is. Her books originally looked boring to me, but I'm so glad I gave them a chance. Now I am hooked. Next, I'm delving into Living Rich for Less! It's a book giving practical principles for financial health and stretching your dollars. I am totally intrigued with money-saving tactics anyway, so can't wait to get more ideas.

Tonight we are doing something together as a family! I really look forward to family time. Dates with Mike are my all time favorite, but there's something special when all three of us hang out, too. I personally would love to go eat at our family favorite Thai place, Mali Thai. Even Brilla polishes her plate off! If you are near the Tukwila/Southcenter area, it' s right next to Red Robin and Cold Stone Creamery. The atmosphere is quiet and calming, they have great service, and the price reasonable. Not to mention, the food is out of this world!

I am going to relax the rest of this afternoon while both my Big Kid and little kid take a nap. A rarity. Also, tomorrow is Tax Day for us, so I'm resting my brains until I actually have to use them. ::snicker:: Glad my husband is next to me while I'm typing this, he would be bound to say something snide in reaction to that last sentence.

One more thing...do any of you use TurboTax? I just wanted to give out a shout for it. It's a little extra money, but so worth it. It helps identity many deductions you would otherwise never think of. And I believe you can deduct the expense of it the next year. We use it for both business and personal. I think we would go bananas if it wasn't for this awesome tax program. It's at Costco and Office Depot! I'm sure other places have it too.

2 comments:

Edith said...

Hey kindred spirit!
I have been a little out of the loop lately but funnily enough we're sorting out our back yard too! It's driving me crazy. There's a digger parked at the back beside the field with the sheep and the new born lambs (who are bleating like fury: they are NOT pleased) and there's mud EVERYWHERE. We're not doing anything spectacular, just creating a patio area but, at the moment, I am finding it hard to imagine the end result...Hope yours is good!

Rachel said...

I hope you'll post some pictures of the yard soon! Take care. ~Rachel
P.S. When are we going to get together??