Monday, May 11, 2009

A Blessed Mama

Oh, golly. I haven't written here for a while! I have been back from Florida since Friday, but just haven't had the chance to sit for a nice, long post. I can't post up pictures yet because my computer's been revamped and I haven't had a chance to upload our Kodak Gallery software. So...pics will have to wait a while longer!

Anyway, I got back Friday night, late. Mom, Brian, Sean, Brilla and I all arrived on the same flight. That was one loooong airplane trip. At 3:45 am the next day, I took my mom and brothers back to the airport, yes, I said back to the airport, for a flight back across country to Oklahoma City for visiting more relatives. Crazy and hectic? Yep, that's my family for ya.
Fortunately, I got to crawl back in bed and sleep away. After waking, we three went out for breakfast at IHOP so I wouldn't have to cook my first day back from vacation :)

Sunday, of course, was Mother's Day! It was a real special day. Mike and Brilla got me some beautiful mums! They are now sitting outside soaking up the rain. We got a splendid nap in (all three of us!). We then met up with Mike's sister, mom and grandma at Azteca, a Mexican restaurant that's popular around here. Afterward, they all gathered at our house for some cake and ice cream. Mother's Day was a little of an emotional roller coaster for me (in part due to pms) but also due in part to the fact that I didn't have my second daughter, Amelia, with me. How I longed for her to be right alongside Brilla this year. I am comforted by the fact that we will all be together in heaven sooner than we think. God has a marvelous plan for our family. I just can't see that far ahead, but He can, and that is all I have to trust.

Mike is off at Malibu in Canada for a men's retreat. I'm so happy that he's getting away with a bunch of Christian guys for encouragement in his relationship with the Lord. Brilla and I are solo for a bit. We will have lots of fun drinking coffee and shopping! Woohoo! I don't have to cook big dinners since it's just the two of us and we'll get to do fun girly stuff like paint our toenails and eat Oreos (okay, that's not girly, but it's still fun!).

I had my biopsy today. I was shocked! See, I was nervous that the procedure would be painful. I do not like needles stuck inside of me in any shape or form. But to my surprise, it didn't hurt at all, the doctor was excellent at explaining everything and I was out of there in 30 minutes. Honestly, easier than going to the dentist! Praise God. The Lord is good, He answered my prayer for calm nerves :) Now I am just padding it with ice and bandage until the soreness and tenderness wear off. Again, there is more than likely no cancer; just a fibroid-something (no, I'm not medically savvy). This biopsy was standard procedure, and I hear the results next week.

I must tell you that I have never snuggled harder, kissed more, hugged tighter, loved greater my bright and beautiful Brilla than during these days. I am amazingly blessed to be her mama!! To be a mom is such a gift from God; I never want to take that for granted. In fact, even though she has an awful runny nose tonight, I tucked her in tight and let her smother me with her gooey, loving kisses. She is my sweet angel.

I hope that God bountifully blessed you this last Mother's Day, whether you are a mother yourself or celebrated your mother's special day!

No comments: