Wednesday, April 1, 2009

She's Not Workin' Out

Right now I could be getting my gym bag together, getting my tennies on, putting my contacts in, waking Bri early from her sleep, cramming breakfast into her little hands to eat on the way...all so I can freakishly rush to get my workout in before gliding into Bible study with wet hair.

Nah. Sounds really tempting, though.

Yesterday, I was resolved to head for exercise. As it goes... the morning ended up a bit hectic with hubby getting sick. Then I went to wake up my little Bri-ster and discovered a diaper had not been placed on her bottom during the night, so she woke up in great wetness. This called for immediate bath time; it was due anyway. By the time she was finished, it was 9:00 a.m. and I had a playdate with the neighbor gals at 10:00 a.m. Workout time flew out the window.

The rest of the afternoon, before I had to teach...

...I searched for and finally bought tickets to Florida! Bri and I are going down in late Spring! Wish I could head down there right now. I am craving the warmth. The reason for our trip? My "little" bro, Brian, is graduating from college. I simply cannot believe how time has flown. Where did 4 years go? Brilla and I will stay for a week, sadly leaving Daddy behind. You can be sure we'll take lots of pictures and maybe even buy him a nifty t-shirt. I'm also thinking of collecting some shells and white sand from the beach. It was hard to plunk down a chunk of money for the tickets, but the occasion is totally worth it and I will be glad I did for years to come.

Another exciting thing is that our backyard was completely redone this last weekend! Before, it was hilly, holey and very slanted. Now it is smooth, grassless, and has 2 levels! We have a beautiful, new retaining wall. We are going to plant the new grass seed when we get a little more sun and less rain. Now we can mow our yard without killing ourselves and have a place for Bri and her cousins to prance around. Mike and I still have to do work with leftover stones and landscaping (and obviously new grass), but it looks the best it has in 4 1/2 years.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You'll have to tell me all about your new landscaping! We really want to redo ours - don't know if we'll get to it this year, but definitely would love to know what you've learned through your experience. Our backyard is slanted down to the water and is very uneven!