Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Calamity That Was Not

This past weekend was a wonderful break from the usual "getting piled-up projects done". We had our friends Matt and Julie over! Mike and I have known them for at least 13 years (they are bro and sis). Julie was my maid-of-honor and Matt was a groomsmen. Funny, but Mike and I separately knew them before we were married, before we even met! Such a small world. I think I've mentioned their intermittent visits on my blog before, and this was another delightful visit.


Friday night I planned to make a delicious corned beef brisket with red potatoes and cabbage. So I turned on the burner and worked on folding my mounds of laundry and tidying up my home for our guests. About 45 minutes later, I checked the pot. It hadn't even started boiling yet! In great frustration I tried every burner, only to discover my oven was not working. Really weird, considering it had given me no signs of an early retirement. I became highly suspicous of the true reason why it wasn't performing.


Unfortunately, I had to wait until my daughter woke up from her nap, which she still had 30 minutes left of. Why?


Because the breaker panel is just above her bed! Yup. Seems our little cherub turned the breaker for the oven to off. We'll be fixing this problemo with a new latch. Good news being, I don't have to buy a new oven. Bad news, I had to go buy pizza from Costco as a substitute dinner. Not such bad news, though. Just so happens I love pizza! I boosted the meal with a yummy avocado salad and made delicious apple crisp for dessert.


I wish all calamities ended this well!

No comments: