Monday, April 13, 2009

Caterpillar Complex

Remember when those 8 spies came back from Canaan to the Israelite camp with their negative report? "They were huge! We looked like grasshoppers compared to them, and they saw us the same way!"

They had a grasshopper complex.

Well, today, I came across a little tiny comment card I had tucked away with my bookmarks. On it is a picture of a caterpillar saying to another caterpillar, "Wow, you'll never catch me up in one of those things!"

They were looking up at a magnificent butterfly.

He had a caterpillar complex.

That little card impacted me today. I began thinking of how much I am like that. "That person has such a beautiful life, why is mine so broken?"

The verse that comes to my mind is..."The Lord will fulfill His purpose in me..." Psalm 138:8

God has a separate, particular plan for each of us. As His children, as we strive to love and obey Him, we will reach those heights, soaring on the wings of His strength, looking down at the rivers and trees. But it is not without being in those hard times of suffering as well. Those cocoon moments, where we may ask, "Why God?", and wonder when our time of waiting or hardship is over.

I am excited not only for the woman God is shaping me into now, but for the amazing day when I meet Him in heaven. All the questions will be answered, but I may not even care about most of them. I will just be rejoicing and praising the King.

I want my daughter Brilla to know me as a woman who knows God is fully in control of my life. Because He is fulfilling His purpose in me. What an uplifting truth. God has a plan for His people!

1 comment:

Edith said...

Hi there. Have you read A Woman After God's Own Heart (or A Young Woman After God's Own Heart) by Elizabeth George (I think). We did the younger one with the 12-15yr olds at a summer camp I used to lead and they lapped it up! The one for women is also good.