Tuesday, April 21, 2009

He Has My Tomorrows

I've really nothing exciting to blog about lately. But I've found when I read others' blogs, I'm not interested in what mountain they climbed that day, but just in the every day walks.

I don't know what it is, but the piano bug has bitten and more students and parents are wanting lessons! It has been very enjoyable getting to know more kids and all their diverse personalities and learning abilities. Of course, it has also stacked my schedule, but all in all, it has been wonderful. The only complicated part has been balancing Brilla's wake up time (from her nap) and when Mike gets home. Sometimes she'll wake up right in the middle of a lesson, and Mike isn't home yet to shush her/take her potty/give her a snack. And all very hard for a 2 1/2 year old to comprehend, who only knows to yell out "I need to go POTTY!" at the top of her lungs right as we step into theory or something. However, I need to say B has done pretty good about playing in her room, for the most part. She's learned to be flexible with mama's new schedule!

Anyway, quarterly taxes and reports are all due by the end of this month, so that has my little calculator at work now.

I had my annual check-up with the doctor on Monday. Two things came up: the doctor thinks I may have a hypo-thyroid, and they found a lump in my breast. Thankfully, after an ultrasound, it is not cancerous! Praise the Lord. Unfortunately, I still have to get a biopsy, which will be painful afterward, but hey, I'll take that over cancer any day! I still have yet to receive the results of my thyroid test. Maybe that will be my next thing to blog about!

Funny, but Mike had taken Brilla to my mom's, since he was going to lunch with his mom and I was at my ultrasound. Well, he forgot to pick her back up! I had just finished talking with him on the phone, and he said he was only about 10 min away. So I called up my mom to thank her for watching Bri, and found out she was still there! So, I ended up picking her up and she got to spend extra time with her grandparents!

Today I had my sweet neighbor and her son over. We have a regular play date time and I always love chatting and having our kids "share" toys together. Why do we have to teach our kids to share?? It's way too hard! How about we just teach them to be miserly? Haha. Anyway, I cooked up a yummy whole-wheat crusted Hawaiian pizza for us with deliciously red strawberries on the side. I'm proud to say, I bought a huge container of strawberries from Costco (only $4.99!) and they are officially all gone! Brilla and her buddy gobbled them up, and the Bible club kids finished them off tonight.

Bible club was busy as usual. We talked about Gentleness; our next to last fruit of the Spirit. We talked about how Jesus is our example of gentleness...healing the woman instantly as she touched his garment, not rejecting her; raising Jairus' daughter from the dead; and letting the little children come to him. Such a good, good reminder to me about not rejecting others, but meeting their needs, especially when everyone else has pushed them aside. Our fun project was to have a paper airplane contest...Mike and I both lost to some great paper airplane geniuses! Verse for the night was "Let your gentleness be evident to all." Philippians 4:5. Tested my memory there!

I'm learning these days to not worry about tomorrow. As Jesus said, each day has enough of its own. And it is so satisfying to know that the Lord works out the details of our packed days anyway. Even though we may have to put out the brain power and hard work; He'll bless our paths if we dedicate them to Him and strive to please Him. I'm so excited about what He's doing in my life right now. Not huge things, little steps here and there, which get me where He wants me to be.

Oh, yes! Which reminds me of another post I'll have to make about how He spoke to me the other day as I was writing in my journal.

Until then, here's to a good Tuesday night sleep :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! Amelia is absolutely beautiful. I trust and pray that our holy and loving God will continue to carry you and strenghten you. I hope we can stay in touch.

In Christ,
Jennifer