Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday post...which is now finished and posted on Tuesday

Original title, huh?

This past weekend was ever so relaxing. I squeezed the relaxing out to the inth degree.

Stuff we did...Friday night we ate Taco salad and lazed around watching TV. I also made a most decadent Oatmeal cake (with super-yummy coconut/brown sugar/cream frosting)! Talk about CALORIES! What woman in her right mind, who's trying to lose weight, makes a 9x13 super sweet, finger lickin' good cake? O:+ I guess me!

Saturday, we attended a Habitat for Humanity volunteer orientation. They are building a house for our friends Rosa and Noe and family. It was neat and we can't wait to start helping out where we can! After said meeting, my Dad took Brilla for a while while Mike and I headed out for a 3 hr lunch date! Now what can get better than a little outing with my hubby? We had a really long, tiring week and were ready for some away time! We are going on year 5, and yeah, we still kinda like each other ;D

So we dined at The Old House Cafe on Proctor in North Tacoma. We got the same thing: Half an herbed chicken sandwich with clam chowder and salad with blue cheese dressing. We usually order two totally different things so we can taste the other's. But I guess we were hungry-mungry and could have cared less. I do believe breakfast was missed that morning. If you haven't been, you have to go some time. The food is absolutely scrumptious.

And if you have been before, how come you haven't invited me yet? *grin*

After that, we went to Tacoma Mall. Haven't been there in ages! Not since the remodel...that tells you how long it's been. Our family used to walk the mall all the time and window-shop. Maybe grab a Cinnabon, or a chocolate at See's, or a hot tea at Nordstrom Cafe. So Mike and I walked the mall. Amazingly, we only stopped in one store for 5 min and came out none the poorer. I also stopped and got some mini-donuts, cinnamon and sugar, for Mike to try. And I guess I had a couple ;)

Talk about delicious. I could eat a dozen of those all.by.myself.

They are pretty small and pretty addicting. Next, we drove to Border's, gathered some magazines and browsed for a while. I thumbed through some hair style books and home design/decorating ones. Then we headed to Starbucks, getting one for my dear dad as thanks. Boy, the time went fast, but it truly was fun to get out with my best friend. No surprise, Brilla hardly slept a wink. She has Grandpa John tied around her little pinky. See, this girl is a great sleeper, but Grandpa didn't have the heart to put the cute little thing to bed. So we got to experience the not-so-cute side of her :(

I got my hair cut! I'll have to post photos once I actually have the time to make it look nice again. I got a little length off, but mostly just added in layers. My bob from last summer had grown out quite strangely. The salon I go to does a great job on my hair. The Asian girls know how to handle my hair. From wash to cut to style it's only $25!

On Sunday, we hung out with Michelle (s-i-l) and kids at Red Robin. The Jamaican jerk was a winner! And no, I'm not describing our waiter! ;) Seriously, though. It was ohso good. And only 699 calories (as opposed to 1015 for others). And then we took Erika and Christina home with us. Later we headed to Walmart with them for Valentine goodies.

I stepped on the scale today. I've shed a total of 10 lbs now! I'm hoping to maintain this weight loss for the last 5 lbs to go. Can't tell you how nice it feels to fit into some old clothing again. I think the last pounds will have to come from my baby belly and rear end. Those are my weak spots! I'm the kind of girl who gains the weight in my hip/thigh/butt area as opposed to upper body. I gain there a little too, but not nearly as much as the lower half. I've been continuing to drink no pop, not eat after 7:30 p.m., count my calories (I'm supposed to take in 1668 right now, goal is 1620), eat breakfast, and exercise regularly. For exercise, I normally run about 4 miles on the treadmill. Every other day, I get on the elliptical and do as much as I can in 1 hour. I've wanted to start the spinning class again, I am just not looking forward to the pain. It's a good pain, but man! Also, the aerobics classes are great.

Brilla is just now coming to me and initiating the potty. It's a turning point! Recently, she found Curious George again and is in love with him, cuddling with him in her rocking chair, taking him to play puzzles, etc. I guess he had fallen behind the bed. We were at the gym yesterday and Bri had to get a swat. To my great joy *hint of sarcasm*, we came out of the bathroom, she went up to one of the trainers and said, "I'm sad." "Why are you sad?" he asked. "Cause my Mama gave me spanking. But I'm happy now." Isn't that just what we want our kids to walk up and tell strangers?! Thankfully, he chuckled and said, "She's a cutie!"

Just wanted to say that Mike's company is back at work again. Praise God! He is incredibly faithful and good. The guys have amazing integrity and are very skilled, but God is the one who provides! In fact, they not only have a couple projects, but a few more bids out as well. Prayer changes things. I'm still praying it through because our economy is not at its best. But we are not worried. God's bigger than our economy :)

2 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

I'm so thankful you guys have work again! I have several friends who are considering career-changes at this stage. It's a scary time to be a household provider!

:P I love how low-key you are about your dieting. I have been such a worrier in the past, going from highs (over losing 3 pounds) to deep depressions (over gaining a pound).....and I think I need to chill out a little and just bake a cake and enjoy a date with my husband with a little blue cheese! :D Truth be told, I am like you, and I'd FAR rather exercise more and eat the same amount---I just LOVE food!

BTW, your date with Mike sounds SO much like what Ben & I do, right down to the bookstore & doughnuts!

Joy said...

Yes, isn't it great about more work? I'm so thankful.

Haha. Low key?! You should see me about 8pm. I'm STARVING :D But you're right, slow weight loss does it best for me. Btw, if you want to know the key for knowing personal caloric intake, you times your weight that you want to get to by 12. Like if I want to weigh 130, it's 130 x 12=1560. Plus, you need 3 or more days (1 hour) of exercise. But you don't want to cut your calories down all the way to you ideal weight at first. You reduce caloric intake by 500 calories each day.

Whatcha guys doing for Valentine's?