Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm trading my sorrow for the joy of the Lord!

I am still on my reorganizing phase, but I'm also redecorating our bedroom. I would take pictures of it, but instead of embarassing myself, I'll paint a word picture. It's smallish, about 10x9 ft. The walls are uninteresting, off-whitish tint. But light colors make the room seem bigger, so I'm sticking with it. I guess it could use a new coat. There is a large window on the opposite side of the room as you walk in. As you shift left when entering, there is a closet on the left side. This was formerly the office, so instead of doors, there are light olive green curtians. They don't quite match the rest of the room (not that any of my room really matches!). My struggle is with decor. I already have the furniture, lamps, curtains and colors chosen (off white/white/floral colors mixed in). Style is French country. The furniture is currently cherry wood (which I don't like because it darkens the room). I already bought some old tall cabinet doors that I'm going to use as a new white headboard. Bought them at IKEA for $18. They look like they have crown molding around the edges. My curtains are white, from Target. They are simple, which I like. My lamps are a mix and match purchase from Ross. The shades are pure white and bases are light gold/brown. Just bought them today! I'm really scoping out for the new dressers, though. My current bedside tables are squat and have minimal storage space. I need something skinnier with more drawers. My Grandma gave me two antique framed paintings that match perfectly with the room...just where to place them? Ihave 2 other pieces of framed art that I don't know quite what to do with. Really need art decor, but have no desire to look for it. Our bed, just a regular queen, pretty much takes up the space.

There's my room~

I went to the thrift store the other day and purchased the cutest things for Brilla: a brand-new GUESS sweat outfit for only $1.99 (it is CUTE!), Cinderella hoodie, and cute thermal type top with hearts all over (Old Navy). All for $5. I headed to the higher-end thrift store and purchased 2 pairs of pants for myself. First pair is a fabulous pair of Banana Republic black slacks, petite size. Petite, can you believe it?! These aren't granny-looking highwaters. They are nice and long, even with my high-heeled boots. Hardly worn, too. I also got some A&F jeans, short (petite) as well. They are the worn look and very cute. Both pants for only $16. Hooray! I was tempted to buy the sweetest tea set made in Germany and dishwasher safe, but passed by. Where would I put it? Almost bought a huge print of a lady kissing her sailor in b&w, but didn't. It wasn't even framed and was $6. I figure I can put $6 toward something new, framed and not slightly bent.

I have been under the crush of paperwork and business related stuff lately, so getting out to go thrift shopping and browsing for room stuff was nice.

-------------------------------------------------------
Another gal at Bible study today mentioned that she felt a burden to pray for Brilla and I when she woke up this morning and saw the beautiful sunrise. She said for some reason it reminded her of our Amelia. She could envision Amelia sitting on Jesus' lap, basking in His light and glory; just happy as could be. This is amazing because this morning, I was missing her and decided to take out her pictures again. What started out as tears turned into laughter and praising Jesus. I specifically wrote in my journal

"...looking through your pictures this morning, I can almost feel you in my arms again. You were perfectly formed though you were not full-term, dear one...You are perfect because you are in heaven. Nothing sinful or imperfect can remain in God's presence, so I know you are...I thank God, Amelia, for you little life, and even for the sadness of your absence. The pain and disappointment of it all has pointed me to Jesus, the One who bore your sin, precious girl. The sin of the whole world. I cannot wait until your big sister, Brilla, one day accepts the Lord as her Savior. And hopefully you will know that day and can celebrate with the angels...Mostly I praise God for He is good and merciful! If it were not for Him, one of us would live spiritually or physically. You are in heaven, free from sin because of Jesus, Amelia! His infinite grace. I love you more than you can imagine..."

I believe it is the peace of God that overwhelmed my heart this morning and turned my sorrow into joy! And at the prayerful bequest of a sister in Christ. Praise Jesus!

1 comment:

Susannah Forshey said...

I praise God for you, Joy. You are quite a mother, quite a child of God.