Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Missing them!

Yesterday was full, but wonderful.

We borrowed our nieces and nephew for 2 days and a night while Mom was in Hawaii. Yahoo for her!

The poor girls were super quiet while the kids napped and I taught piano. They really got into the story about Paul and Silas singing in prison, later during Bible club. They listened so well even though I'm sure they've heard it before! And it was a great example for the others kids there. We talked about having the fruit of the Spirit; tonight's topic was on joy.

Joy is an inner gladness that does not fade with the circumstances. It is a trust that God is faithful and keeps His promises! Isn't that awesome? The world can never give this joy.

Uncle Michael got home very late. Poor guy, he has been VERY busy lately! Not only does he put in a whole day of physical work, but he comes home and has to do bids, paperwork, meet with builders, and make dozens of phone calls. But though busy, I can tell he's in his element again. He has work. Such a blessing.

Anyway, even after getting home late, he still had time to jump in the car with us and head to Safeway to pick out donuts! The kids loved it. Donuts and milk just before bed...you can totally tell we're the aunt and uncle, eh?

This morning, I was able to get my exercise in! I've given myself no excuses. It's been my push to work out every day, and at the gym, especially since I pay for membership. After that, the kids and I had eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast! I never make bacon, so it was a treat. Then we watched a little TV and did a scramble clean up. Many hands make light work! We went to Celebration Park and the kids had a blast on the playground. It's a great one. Has something for little ones AND big ones. The girls are very active (I think that's an understatement) so they were like Tiggers for about an hour. Brilla and Jakey loved it too! Their poor noses were a little red by the end. But oh, what a gorgeous day. Can't stay inside with weather like this!

Afterward, we took advantage of Subway's $5 for ANY foot long. Healthy and yummy. I gave in and let them have pop. I'm a bad auntie.

So this afternoon was the closing of our time together. We will miss them! My house seems so empty right now. I'm just waiting for a child to fly through my living room at any moment to show me how they can do kart wheels on the mattress! Well, maybe I won't miss that, but I do miss the laughing and cute conversations.

It's just a good thing that God gives (usually) one child at a time and not 4 at once!

1 comment:

Edith said...

I loved reading about your day! You are going for auntie of the year award, definitely!
E