Monday, May 27, 2013

My heart is heavy to hear of the loss caused by the tornado in Oklahoma. It hurts to hear stories of children missing, or teachers who died, their bodies covering surviving children. And more.
Sometimes I wonder why we are so fortunate to go without major natural disasters here in the Pacific NW. Grateful yes, but empathetic for others' loss, also yes. I could send money, but in reality, I'd like to resurrect the dead. And erase the events that have occurred.

I m not good at discussing theology during wreckage from national disasters, so I will leave it to those who are.

My husband is finally back home. He had a great trip, a time well-spent with his parents and other relatives, and also attendance at his cousin's beautiful wedding. I am very glad to have him back. He's such a huge help and I just plain missed him :) The girls especially. You should have seen him at dinner. All three climbing into his lap, vying for his attention! He could barely eat!

Today was co-op day. Brilla goes to the church to study Latin, Science and Art. Today was watercolor painting. Her teacher is excellent. They collectively painted a bird (the name fails me) with yellow and black. Brilla made a mistake and was down on herself, but cheered her with the fact that it doesn't have to be perfect and we are allowed mistakes, and her painting is till gorgeous to boot. She seemed happy about that.

After the big morning/afternoon, I put the littlest ones down to nap while Brilla and I "played" in the yard. I got most of our plants potted, or planted in the ground. The only things waiting now are the groundcovers. Just waiting for the weed killer to take effect so I can cover with dirt, and plant. It is looking so pretty around here! But I tell you what, gardening is exhausting and can take weeks. I need t remind myself it's not a sprint, but a marathon.

Later we had yummy leftover salmon, pilaf and peas such a simple,  but heathy, meal.

No comments: